Help - lost my truck key

/ Help - lost my truck key #1  

Alan L.

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I have a 1994 Ford F250 pickup and I have managed to lose the ignition key. Should I be able to get a key made if I show my title and identification to a Ford dealer?

/ Help - lost my truck key #2  
Any dealer should be able to cut you a key with your VIN and proof of ownership. :)

/ Help - lost my truck key #3  
One of the guys that work for me lost the key to his 95 Ford Ranger. It was a security chip key (did,nt think the line to steal Ford Rangers was that long).
We had to load the truck on a trailer and take it to Blake Utter Ford in Denison Tx. $100 later he drove it home. If you know the original selling dealer I think can look up the key code and make one, but with these "chip keys" maybe not.
Jack

/ Help - lost my truck key #4  
I have a 1994 Ford F250 pickup and I have managed to lose the ignition key. Should I be able to get a key made if I show my title and identification to a Ford dealer?

Yes, but I don't know what it'll cost; probably a lot.

/ Help - lost my truck key
I am pretty sure its not a chip key although I could be wrong. It had a very small rubber handle and seems like any cheap blank you could have made. Should have done it while I had the key.

/ Help - lost my truck key #6  
I have a 1995 Ford F250. It is not a chip key. When you get the truck new, they always come with a little tag with the key number. You are supposed to save the tag so you can order a new key cheaply by the number.

All my tags are in a special drawer. If I lose a key my only problem will be that I didn't mark which tag goes with which truck.:eek:

/ Help - lost my truck key #7  
If your dealer won't make you a key, a good locksmith will come to you and make one.... though it won't be as cheap as the dealer cutting one. :(

/ Help - lost my truck key #8  
Repo guys get them that way. Did it in the late 90's. Fun job.....

/ Help - lost my truck key
I don't have a key code. Got one key when I bought the truck a couple of years ago, and no code. Hope I can get it done.

/ Help - lost my truck key #10  
Alan, all you need is the Vin #. If you have your title and ID you should be OK.