Building Plans For An Open Faced Pole Building?

/ Building Plans For An Open Faced Pole Building? #1  

vern6973

Tractor
J.D. 3120, X584, GT235 and a IH 606
Hi:

Does anyone know where I can get building plans for an open faced pole buliding? Nothing fancy! I want to build something to keep my 6.5 x 16 foot utility trailer in. I invision the front to be 8 foot hight and the back to be 6 foot high. The width would be 10 foot and the length 20 foot. I would use gravel for the floor.

Vern From Illinois

/ Building Plans For An Open Faced Pole Building? #2  
If you look around on MotherEarthNews.com you can probably find something similar to give you some ideas to work from.

/ Building Plans For An Open Faced Pole Building? #3  
When I was planning my barn I found all kinds of designs at university sites...I think I just Googled "pole building plans" or something. Those buildings are so simple that plans are free from various places.

Chuck

/ Building Plans For An Open Faced Pole Building? #6  
Try North Dakota State University Building Plans, all types of plans, even from the '30s.

/ Building Plans For An Open Faced Pole Building? #7  
Where you from? There's a place near me will give you the construction drawings if you buy the material from them.

/ Building Plans For An Open Faced Pole Building?
Where you from? There's a place near me will give you the construction drawings if you buy the material from them.

Bloomington Illinois ... do you mean Menards?

/ Building Plans For An Open Faced Pole Building? #9  
I missed the Illinois in the first post.

Menards sells them. I'm been talking with midwest manufacturing (they sell post frame buildings via Menards) concerning a project I'm working on.

I was thinking of APM near Gettysburg PA. They are out of your area, but they sell all sorts of barn kits, and you get plans to build from.

Check them out , you can see samples of their plans to kind of see how to build it.

Kit Includes :: APM Pole Building & Garage KIts

For the size you want, I would put 3 posts on each side, put a header across each side, and rafter sloping from one side to the other. you can also pick up really small trusses very inexpensive.