turkey house plans?

/ turkey house plans? #1  

chrisdvorak

Gold Member
Tractor
too many
i am looking to raise some turkeys every year for thanksgiving (and pets:rolleyes:) about 6 or so and i am wondering how to create the house for them, i have 12 chickens now and ordered the coop from horizonstructures.com although it was delivered fully assembled it was very expensive and i would like to build my own turkey house this time so if i could get plans or pictures of the coops you'all put together I would be greatly appreciated :)

/ turkey house plans? #3  
What ever you have for chickens will be fine for turkeys,I raised them in the same pen with ducks and they did fine,the one who is kind of a pet(his name is deep fry and his future). Any shelter to get out of the weather is fine,mine spends half of the day walking around my yard strutting for the goats.And the more time they spend outside the pen eating grass,or bugs will just make them taste better,and corn don't hurt eather.
good luck

/ turkey house plans?
i am looking to raise 6 white turkeys a year and i cannot put them in the chicken coop Horizon Structures 4x6 Chicken Coop because it barely fits my 12 birds in there now, anyone have plans out there that they used for there coop it does not have to be elaborate, just a plain shed with one or two windows

/ turkey house plans? #5  
Sorry did not pay enough attemtion to your post,but any shed will work,lowes or hd,types even see used ones on craigs list,sorry do not have a web site link for plans,but can just go to the store and measure one you like.
Also strombergs.com sells books with plans,but so do lowes and hd.

good luck

/ turkey house plans? #6  
   / turkey house plans? #7  
Mother Earth News regularly has some of those types of plans and info as well.

I love reading it for that type of info.

That said, I think it mostly depends on your budget, what you have readilly available and how ugly you (or signifigant other) is willing to live with. The Turkeys wont care much so anything past a couple of sheets of plywood nailed to fence posts or scrap 2 X 4 is good.

Have fun, but after we went through it with the ducks and the work of cleaning them, as my old boss used to say, they keep the rows, Neatly hoed at the Kroger store.

Last couple months MEN did a thing about cleaning poultry and had some kind of plucking device. Would be worth looking into if you did any number past one or two in my book.