Value of used MTD Yard Machine

/ Value of used MTD Yard Machine #1  

Gary_in_Indiana

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket
I need to determine the value of a two year old MTD lawn tractor. It's a dark green 'Yard Machine' model listing '20 Horsepower' on the side along with with '14 speed.' It has 7 speed settings with a Hi/Lo range on the transmission. It has a 46" mower deck. It also comes with wheel weights, tire chains and a 46" front mount auger style snow thrower. I would describe the condition as average.

If there is such a thing as wholesale and retail values, each of those numbers would be very helpful. Thanks in advance for any assistance you are able to offer.

I had no idea where to post this, so if it's better off elsewhere, please let me know.

/ Value of used MTD Yard Machine #2  
A new 20/46 mtd/huskee/lawnman or whatever OEM name MTD puts on it 20/46 runs $1500-$1800. It looses about 1/2 its value as a used tractor. At the last farm auction, used working MTD sold for under $100. So someplace between 0 and $500 if your lucky. How it was treated will be the determining factor.