Anyone have an Android phone?

/ Anyone have an Android phone? #1  

Tororider

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4310
Specifically the HTC Hero for Sprint? Just wondering how the apps are and things like that.

/ Anyone have an Android phone? #2  
I bought my DROID last Thursday through Verizon, MOTOROLA with keyboard. I absolutely love it for business needs. To much phone for needing just a phone on the personal side.

Apps are as good as APPLE for the most part, have yet to find one that wasn't free I needed. Service range is great for my area. Battery could last longer about 2 days under normal use. DoubleTwist will convert your ITUNES account for free to tranfer any IPOD data if needed. Camera is 5+ meg. and it has a 16 gig SD card that can be swapped if memory is needed. The voice dial and voice search through google are incredibly accurate. Phone is super fast online. Advanced app killer app will save battery life.

Brad

/ Anyone have an Android phone? #3  
I don't have one yet. But I suspect next year sometime I will get one. Depends on the price and applications.

This week maybe last week the buzz started about the Nexus One phone from Google. The guesses are that it MIGHT be available anywhere from January 2010 to summer 2010. :eek::D Or maybe not at all. It is just a development device. My guess is that Google is doing a Beta test of Android 2.1 and the new hardware with their employees.

The phone has a 1 Ghz Snapdragon processor. Other phones are 500ish Ghz so assuming the different processors are comparable this phone has some power. It has a magnetic compass, Bluetooth, 802.11n WiFi, 5 mega pixel camera with 720p video, FM tuner, Micro SD slot with 4GB chip included, 3.5mm audio port, GPS, 4.3 inch capacitive touch screen, 320MB RAM, 512MB ROM and oh, yeah it supports a few cell phone standards. :D

Its the tower PC I had roughly 10 years ago with a phone, wireless, compass, GPS, and it fits in a pocket. :D

The phone is supposed to work with TMobile and one more service that I can't remember.

Be interesting to see when this thing hits the market, if the specs change, and how much it costs.

Later,
Dan

/ Anyone have an Android phone? #4  
I don't have an android phone at this time. I have friends who have the Droid and friends who have the iPhone. As mentioned, Google is beta testing a new android phone with it's employees. My next phone will be an android phone.

/ Anyone have an Android phone?
I figure I can't go wrong with the Hero at $100. I currently have the palm centro and have had palm phones for awhile. I guess I am ready to make the change to an Android platform.

/ Anyone have an Android phone? #6  
My wife just got the Motorola Android. It has some great features and apps. The GPS seems to be very accurate as is the voice navigation. Internet is very fast. However, I would not be able to use it because it requires two hands to operate, at least with me it does. I have a Blackberry Curve for work and I can do everything on it one handed. The Android is on the Verizon network which has great coverage for her. The Blackberry is on Sprint and I will leave it at that. If I never hear another direct connect beep that would be fine with me.

Terry

/ Anyone have an Android phone?
I have sprint and have been very happy with the coverage and don't have to worry about the direct connect beep. Hoping that the Hero is all I have heard it is.

/ Anyone have an Android phone? #8  
I have the new Hero Droid....Trust me you will love it!

/ Anyone have an Android phone? #9  
I've had the Motorola Droid for about two weeks now. I do like the phone but getting it to sync with our exchange server was a nightmare, after screwing around for the last two weeks I loaded "Touch Down" today and everything works very good. Two Thumbs up!