anyone order chicks online?

/ anyone order chicks online? #31  
I have used portable electric chicken fencing that I got from Premier. It is easy to move as long as the ground isn't very hard from being too dry or being frozen. It is important to be sure it is charged properly or preditors will get in. Don't ask how I know this.
I built a portable house that I can pull with my tractor and I've been moving chickens around my field for years.

/ anyone order chicks online? #32  
Haven't read through this thread in whole, but I see it's getting old so I would like to put in my input. We have ordered about 200 chicks from them, and about 35 other birds, like turkeys, ducks, geese, and the like. They are very nice to deal with and we currently have about 90 in the coop. The rest have been in cycle since 2002 and some have died naturaly, and been taked by foxes, raccoons, and other predators. I would definitely order from them many more times, and I'm sure we will order more sooner or later. We have gotten a few orders in February, so they do ship in winter, or at least they did. In the cold they don't lay many eggs, and right now we're getting only about 7-10 eggs a day, but when it's over 50 degrees, we can easily get 40-50 a day.

Kyle

/ anyone order chicks online? #33  
Order chicks online? I thought that kinda stuff was illegal! :)

( ok.. ok.. have dealt with strombergs and moyers... )

soundguy