Home heating propane cost

/ Home heating propane cost #1  

silverking

Bronze Member
Tractor
Grand L 4630/fel
What are you paying a gallon right now and in what area?

We just got 94 gallons @$2.56 per with charges and tax was $266.00.

This Week In Petroleum Propane Section

I believe these people have lost there minds, do you think $1.78 per gallon is a reasonable markup? Or have I just about lost mine?

/ Home heating propane cost #2  

This Week In Petroleum Propane Section

I believe these people have lost there minds, do you think $1.78 per gallon is a reasonable markup? Or have I just about lost mine?

It seem that you are putting your suppliers kids through Harvard or Yale.....;););)

It seems like a waste of time because they will make more money selling propane at those rates than they will by becoming investment bankers.....:p
It must be that they can't wait for those 100 million dollar bonus checks to roll in.:eek::eek:

I think I would find somebody else to buy it from. It is around $1.79 a gallon here in northern Michigan:cool::cool:

/ Home heating propane cost #3  
I have a 1000 gallon tank, so I can do all my fills in the summer. August fill was $1.09 per gallon. It is not uncommon for various suppliers to range a *LOT* in pricing. I heard anything from $1.09 to $1.99 depending on who I called.

-rus-

/ Home heating propane cost #5  
$1.99 per gal in Catt County NY.

/ Home heating propane cost #6  
1.99 to 2.09 here today when checking on new supplier for a rental property.

It was 1.65 last time checked in December.

The rates above are for rental tanks.

/ Home heating propane cost #7  
2.10 here, mid missouri

/ Home heating propane cost #8  

Consider yourself luck. There was a propane cost discussion on my local chat list a week or so ago. People were paying maybe $2.75 to $3.10ish a gallon. :eek:

I am down in central NC so not far from you. There was a wide variety of prices quoted by people on the list. Not sure if the range was based on long term contracts, amount bought, and/or tank ownership. Seemed danged expensive to me anyway you looked.

Over the years I have heard people talking about paying $200-500 for propane. They implied that is what it cost to heat the house for a MONTH!:eek:

Later,
Dan