Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL

Default Re: Rare snow. Cabin Picture.

Jayste, it is almost 1000 sq ft. The layout is simple: right side (as pictured above) is one big room. There is a simple open kitchen and a dining area in it. The other half is two bedrooms and a small bathroom. The 'great' room featured scissor trusses that give it a high ceiling. The right side wall has a space for a fireplace and chimney and we went ahead and included a footing for the fireplace as well. One of these days.

Jinman, yes, the front steps are an obvious omission. Its mostly due to the same reason that there are no closet doors in one bedroom, no fireplace, no door (just a board) for the crawl space, no insulation, etc etc. Just ran out of funds, energy and time. Plus we're still debating whether or not to screen in the porch. And, in order to put steps on the front we need to have a gutter installed across it. So its just one in a long list of things to do before the cabin gets 'finished' for real.

Sad thing is, we still haven't finished and its already time to paint and stain again!

Here are a couple of interior shots:

George
    South Carolina

"What is truth?" Pontius Pilate

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

I agree, fantastic place! Something to very proud of, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    George, why didn't you put any steps on your front porch? I'm sure you enter the cabin from the rear, but the porch missing steps seems like an obvious oversight. I'm just confused and curious?

Nice cabin and great picture. I used a portable building for my cabin, so it isn't nearly as pretty as yours. The covered porch is a favorite feature of yours.
    My wife also mentioned the steps.

You did a very nice job.
    2010 - L3940HSTC, QA FEL, BH92
    2010 - Husqvarna YTH24V48LS (the other orange)
    2005 - L5030HST,QA,FEL
    198x - MF 205-4
    1990 - Wheelhorse 212H
    2017-ratchet rake, 2008-KK Tiller, 2006-Pallet forks, 2002-Carryall, 2000-PHD, 1999 - Trailer, 1999-6' rotary mower, 1999-cultivator, 1998-KK Finish Mower, 1998-Blade,1992 - Troybilt tiller, 2 wheel barrows, assorted gardening tools,
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/r...life-farm.html

Tractor
    John Deere 2240 MFWD

Quote Originally Posted by EddieWalker View Post
    Beautiful picture. It's so clear and crisp!!! Makes me want to be there, but after dealing with my snow mess here, I'm not so excited about snow anymore. LOL

Eddie
    How much snow did you get down there Eddie?
    Cyril

JD 2240 MFWD (with duels now)
    145 FEL, 8ft Rear blade (now I need a 12ft blade)

Tractor
    John Deere 2240 MFWD

Quote Originally Posted by N80 View Post
    Jayste, it is almost 1000 sq ft. The layout is simple: right side (as pictured above) is one big room. There is a simple open kitchen and a dining area in it. The other half is two bedrooms and a small bathroom. The 'great' room featured scissor trusses that give it a high ceiling. The right side wall has a space for a fireplace and chimney and we went ahead and included a footing for the fireplace as well. One of these days.

Jinman, yes, the front steps are an obvious omission. Its mostly due to the same reason that there are no closet doors in one bedroom, no fireplace, no door (just a board) for the crawl space, no insulation, etc etc. Just ran out of funds, energy and time. Plus we're still debating whether or not to screen in the porch. And, in order to put steps on the front we need to have a gutter installed across it. So its just one in a long list of things to do before the cabin gets 'finished' for real.

Sad thing is, we still haven't finished and its already time to paint and stain again!
    I know the feeling. My projects always seem to take longer than I have time for them. My barn rebuild which I expected to take two years on will end up being more like five or six. Mean while, driveways need rebuilt, another building needs finished, etc, and so on.
    Cyril

JD 2240 MFWD (with duels now)
    145 FEL, 8ft Rear blade (now I need a 12ft blade)

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by N80 View Post
    ...it is almost 1000 sq ft. . . .The 'great' room featured scissor trusses that give it a high ceiling. The right side wall has a space for a fireplace and chimney and we went ahead and included a footing for the fireplace as well. One of these days.
    George, that great room/dining room/ kitchen area is huge. It's just what it should be. I especially like the view of your kubota out the kitchen window.

You certainly have a very comfortable and beautiful cabin. You'll always have a project to do there and a good excuse to enjoy getting away for a few days.
    Jim

"Sold the 1/4 of a 1/4 but still tractorin' "
    Tractor
    2004 Kubota M4800 SU

I like the layout of it. The mounts on the wall are pretty impressive as well!
    Jay

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so" Ronald Reagan

But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 NIV

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4700

Here is what the snow did at our place. It was good snow. It showed up overnight and was melted by lunch time!

I looked at a dozen Holly trees and this was the only red berry left.

Later,
    Dan

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4700

I really like this one....

It is looking down a 72" diameter culvert......

Later,
    Dan

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4700

The neighbor's fence. I think he cut down the Ceders on my land before it was my land.

If he did take the Ceders from what became my land the photo makes up for the lost trees. I have plenty of Ceders.

Later,
    Dan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast