Fess Parker has passed away...

/ Fess Parker has passed away... #1  

wjoerob

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 6100
Sad to note the passing of Fess Parker, who played Davy Crockett in the '50's. The "King of the Wild Frontier". How many of us wore "coonskin" caps? The theme song from the show hit #1 in 1955. Believe he also played Daniel Boone later on. Mom had a cute pic of me age 2 or 3 with Davy Crockett T-shirt on. Times were simpler and heroes were for real.
AN APPRECIATION: Fess Parker's Davy Crockett was a hero when we needed one. - Los Angeles Times
fess-as-davy.jpg

"I'm half-horse, half-alligator and a little attached with snapping turtle. I've got the fastest horse, the prettiest sister, the surest rifle and the ugliest dog in Texas. My father can lick any man in Kentucky... and I can lick my father. I can hug a bear too close for comfort and eat any man alive opposed to Andy Jackson." -- Davy Crockett Goes to Congress

Last edited:
   / Fess Parker has passed away... #2  
Sorry to hear that. I had a coonskin cap and a buckskin jacket - and also the 45 of the Davy Crocket song! :) I was 4. Wow.

/ Fess Parker has passed away... #3  
Davey Crockett was before my time, but I do remember Daniel Boone, it was a great show with good values.

Your post prompted me to look him up on Wikipedia - he seems to have led a varied and very successful life.

/ Fess Parker has passed away... #4  
Times were simpler and heroes were for real.

Past times will always be simpler compared to our present and future, and we have just as many real heroes today as we did in the past:thumbsup:

What I found that I never knew before was that Peter Graves (who recently died as well) was the brother of James Arness. It was James Arness that Fess Parker "beat out" for the role of Davy Crokett.

/ Fess Parker has passed away... #5  
I grew up on Davy Crockett reruns in the 60s and also was a fan of
Daniel Boone. Davy Crockett "King of the wild frontier" he was one of my heroes growing up.