My dog won

/ My dog won #1  

buckeyefarmer

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4 BX23
While driving the tractor thru a field today, the dog cornered a groundhog. She was so proud of her catch.

Attachments

• dogwins.jpg
    dogwins.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 331
   / My dog won #2  
Good on her. I'm guessing she killed it?

/ My dog won #3  
Are they normally out during the daytime?

That's a pretty cool picture. It looks like the groundhog is pissed and the dog is happy. I wonder how close to the truth I am? LOL

Eddie

/ My dog won #4  
Groundhogs are a handful for a dog that doesn't know how to handle them. I've had a few beagles seriously cut up by groundhogs.

/ My dog won #6  
Groundhogs are a handful for a dog that doesn't know how to handle them. I've had a few beagles seriously cut up by groundhogs.
We have a border collie mutt who is able to dispense of a groundhog very quickly.

/ My dog won #7  
We don't have groundhogs around here, but my dog hunts squirrels instead. The first time he latched onto one, it turned around and bit onto his lip. He tried shaking it off but the squirrel hung on. He got a little bloody. Since then, my dog has learned to do the "fast crunch".

/ My dog won #8  
Reminds me of one morning walking our Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier and Giant Schnauzer. The SCWT spotted a ground hog and true to her terrier breeding went after it. Some how the groundhog got his upper front teeth caught in the metal loop on her collar. About that time the GS decided to join in and got the GH by the tail. So there they were the SCWT trying to back away, the GH hooked on the collar and the GS pulling his tail in the opposite diretion. Eventualy they got untangled and the SCWT finished the job.

/ My dog won #9  
we had a pair of mutts one was a doberman/blue tick mix, the other a long leg beagle lasaopso mix. Rex the dobbie mix could catch/corner them then the beagle mix would catch up & GRAB the chuck in the rear. rex then would grab them from the back cruch crunch and dead....

this was 20 years ago now... the were good hunters..

mark

/ My dog won #10  
Nice looking dog.
She looks happy and proud.