Noah Burkholder Pole Barn Builders

/ Noah Burkholder Pole Barn Builders #1  

dfeck

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
I've been getting quotes to build a pole barn. I've worked with 3 builders and 2 are very close in price and the 3rd (Noah Burkholder) was about 4K cheaper. My pole barn will be 24'x32' w/concrete and 12'x32' lean-to on one side. It will also have a few windows, man door, overhead door and 12/12 roof pitch. All 3 builders use similar products but Noah uses ABC Steel vs. Fabral steel that the others use. Is anyone familiar with the 2? Of coarse Noah says ABC is on par with Fabral but the others say the opposite. Noah uses ABC due to the fact that his supplier for ABC is a few miles away from him while Fabral is many miles away. He says he could use Fabral but my cost would be higher because his discount isn't as high as it is for ABC steel. I know the steel is a major part of a pole barn. So I want to make sure I'm using quality material and not short changing myself. ABC has a 40year warranty vs Fabral with a limited lifetime warranty. However, I don't see myself living at my current house for more than 20years so I don't see this as being a serious issue. BTW - both are 29g steel. So it really boils down to finish quality of the paint.

Doug

/ Noah Burkholder Pole Barn Builders #2  
Doug,
Before Noah built our barn, he showed us around to a few places in the area that he had built. Are there any places around you that you're able to examine? Our barn is 8 years old and I haven't noticed any paint issues at all. It's tough when you have some contractor bad mouth another product. Are they just bad mouthing to scare you away from someone else or do they actually know something? I liked dealing with Noah, as he was totally up front and flexible. Have you googled the two materials? I can't see there being any difference in a 40yr vs lifetime warrranty.