County Paved our Road....Stimulus money

/ County Paved our Road....Stimulus money #1  

brin

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles eas
So the wife and I drove out to our farm and noticed the street had been repaved so as we went along we saw how all the entrances to the gravel and or paved drives had been flared with the new asphalt to allow for a smooth entrance / exit in and out of the driveway...Guess what ..when we got to our driveway there was no apron of new asphalt...no flare onto our driveway just an abrupt drop...So I called the County and asked if they had done the paving and they said NO it was done by a private contractor with money from the Stimulus package....I asked why me...why is my gravel driveway the only one on the 8 mile long load to not have an apron...??? LOL it must be due to me not being a fan of the stimulus package...the county guy got a laugh out of it and said they would go out and even it up so there would not be a drop off....I did not think the road needed repaving at all...so there go our taxpayer dollars to a huge paving company. Sorry - had to vent !

/ County Paved our Road....Stimulus money #2  
Well, enjoy your new road and my few pennies worth of it. :laughing:

If it's any consolation I took advantage of a government porgram to pay for trees planted on my property about 21 years ago. Thanks! :thumbsup:

/ County Paved our Road....Stimulus money
Well, enjoy your new road and my few pennies worth of it. :laughing:

If it's any consolation I took advantage of a government porgram to pay for trees planted on my property about 21 years ago. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Your welcome Moss...and than you for my new road....:laughing:

/ County Paved our Road....Stimulus money #4  
Your lucky the will make the transition for you. Here almsoth the same thing happened to my neighbor they raised the road and paved it with a huge drop off.This was still town property but they refused to do anything for her.
I had to hire in three wheelers of gravel and yep they broke huge chunks off the edge..

/ County Paved our Road....Stimulus money #5  
Do you have a mailbox there? They may have only done driveways to residences. Just a thought. Still, they should have beveled it.

/ County Paved our Road....Stimulus money
Bedlam..I agree...the county really did not have to do that so it did save me some money and time...

MMagis ...there is a mailbox there plus there is a county approved address sign right next to the driveway ...Hey, they even paved the aprons on old 100 yr. old dirt drives into empty fields but when they got to mine they just skipped it...it made me feel unloved..

/ County Paved our Road....Stimulus money #7  
.Hey, they even paved the aprons on old 100 yr. old dirt drives into empty fields but when they got to mine they just skipped it...it made me feel unloved..

Brin, I think they gave you something much more valuable. They inspired you to come up with the chorus for a new country song. :)

/ County Paved our Road....Stimulus money #8  
I wonder if there are continuing funds to maintain the new surface?

A pot hole in a gravel or dirt road is one thing but once a hole develops in a paved road...it can waste a tire or worse if not filled...

/ County Paved our Road....Stimulus money #9  
Doubtful if there is a maintenance plan.

They are replacing a concrete bridge close to me. I can't figure out why it needed replacing since it took them months to saw the concrete apart to replace it. Then they had to lift out the sections with a crane and haul them to a field where I guess they'll try to figure out how to demolish them enough to haul them away.

/ County Paved our Road....Stimulus money #10  
2 miles of road near me are being repaved this week using stimulus money. It doesn't need it at all. There was hardly a crack in the asphalt anywhere. Cost for 2 miles, almost $750K. Unbelievable waste of money.