Bailing 101.....

/ Bailing 101..... #1  

scott_vt

Tractor
1986 MF 1040, 1942 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall Super A
Good Mornin Guys,
Some of you know that I help the farmer down the road from me with the baling duties close to my Ct home.

We had a good sized lot cut tedded and raked on this past friday before everything started to go wrong with our New Holland baler. One trip around this lot yeilded about 50 bales when our twine ran out and we tried switching to two new rollls, same size twine just another color.

The knives on the knotter had gotten dull and the new twine was more difficult to cut, so we sharpened the knives as best we could out in the field with a file.....

No sooner did we start getting that straightened out than our right rear tire blew out ! :confused2:

So here are some shots of how you can bale an entire field with one tire ! ;):)

We did get it done !!! :laughing:

Attachments

• Bail!.jpg
    Bail!.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Bail2.jpg
    Bail2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 184
   / Bailing 101..... #3  
Scotty, when I saw the title I expected to see a picture of you standing in a boat with a bucket in your hands:laughing::laughing:
Glad you sorted out your baling problems and got the job done.

Mark

/ Bailing 101..... #4  
At least it didn't start raining....

/ Bailing 101..... #5  
Where is the rack wagon? We pull a wagon behind the baler and shoot the bales out of the baler on to the wagon pulled behind. Picking off the ground is a PITA.

Dan

/ Bailing 101..... #6  
Scotty. we've been doing the same up here whenever we can get a stretch of weather good enough. I'd guess we've done close to 1000 bales in the past couple weeks. I imagine we'll be cutting tomorrow too. Crappy cell phone pics look a mile away :mad:. The MF 135 / tedder I've been running, and Robert on the 190 / baler. Why can't I have this view, along with this weather every day???? I'd be happier than a pig in poo ! :D

Hay2010012.jpg

Hay2010013.jpg

Hay2010010.jpg

/ Bailing 101..... #7  
Looks like what we had happen last year. We blew a tire when were were 2/3 done. I cut the tire off and we finished on the rim. When we finished, we took it down and had a cast off 15" tire from a caravan (was the same height) put on.

Aaron Z

/ Bailing 101..... #8  
Im about to learn baling 101 from a friend Ive been around it mostly raking and loading wheat straw. I have a friend I work for sometime that has as 160 acre farm that bales and I have learned alot frfom hime baling. Keep shear pins and the tools to drive them, fix a flat, spare tire and rim, extra tractor hitch pin, 2 of all the tools and a good magnet on a stick. baling wire, ear muffs for the younger helpers so not to foul their vocabulary. I have another friend that has me take alot of old cast off tires and has me cut out the centers and weld in old ag centers that fit his baler and rake. He says a tire always blows or gets flat on saturday after 12 when the sidewalks fold up lol