:) New TBN Jacket now up for auction for charity

/ :) New TBN Jacket now up for auction for charity #1  

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
I have listed the TBN jacket that I won in the 2,000,000th post contest on ebay. All (100%) of the bid price will be donated to the National Audubon Society to help the animals endangered by the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. You get to pick the size and color of the Carhartt jacket and it will be shipped to you free.

I know that most of you would have preferred for it to be auctioned on TBN but TBN would not allow this for various reasons.

We will be able to make comments on the auction and ask questions in this thread as the auction progresses. I know that TBNers are very generous and I expect this jacket to sell for more than the retail price as I know many of you are eager and willing to help the National Audubon Society help our wildlife that the oil spill has endangered.

If any of you are not interested in bidding on the jacket but would like to make a donation to the National Audubon Society to help out, you may do so at National Audubon Society and please be sure to let us know about your donation. :)

Please don't wait until the last second of the auction to bid as many people do on ebay. Let's get some bids out there early and make this auction interesting. View the auction at New TBN TractorByNet Carhartt Jacket in your size - eBay (item 250669440874 end time Jul-29-10 19:12:49 PDT)

/ :) New TBN Jacket now up for auction for charity #2  
Good on ya tallyho8

Hope it works well.

Looks like in 10 days we can tell for sure. :)

/ :) New TBN Jacket now up for auction for charity #3  
Changed my Signature to spread the word...

/ :) New TBN Jacket now up for auction for charity #4  
Hey Tallyho, how was the vacation. Been waiting patiently to see this auction get started. Now its time to use that auction savvy!
:thumbsup:

Mark

/ :) New TBN Jacket now up for auction for charity
The vacation was fabulous. Hawaii is an extremely beautiful state, especially the islands of Maui and Kauai. After seeing their pristine waters and abundant wildlife, it makes me long to see our gulf waters clear once more.

The auction is doing very well so far and I am pleased with it's progress.

Attachments

• turtle.jpg
    turtle.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 128
  • fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 125
   / :) New TBN Jacket now up for auction for charity #6  
If any of you are not interested in bidding on the jacket but would like to make a donation to the National Audubon Society to help out, you may do so at National Audubon Society and please be sure to let us know about your donation. :)

Please don't wait until the last second of the auction to bid as many people do on ebay. Let's get some bids out there early and make this auction interesting. View the auction at New TBN TractorByNet Carhartt Jacket in your size - eBay (item 250669440874 end time Jul-29-10 19:12:49 PDT)

Dudley, I think you should also say that the link you posted has information about Audubon and the work they are doing. It's not just a site to go donate. If anyone has questions about the Audubon Society and their impact on the Gulf region, the link you posted will give good info. I'm sure you may know lots of details of their work, but many of us may not know the extent of their work relating to the Gulf oil disaster.

/ :) New TBN Jacket now up for auction for charity #7  
wow, the price on that thing sure jumped fast! Last night it was at $24.00 now it is up to $117.00!

And if some of you are wondering why I chose the National Audubon Society for my donation, it is highly recommended by the BBB and has a impeccable reputation.

Many charities spend a large percentage of their donations simply to request more donations or they give a large percentage of the donations to an outfit that helps them raise the money. Some charities spend over 90% of their donations just in costs of raising these donations.

The National Audubon Society spends almost all of it's donations on it's environmental projects and wonderful work. They refuse to hire large scale donation seeking operations to collect money for them and get a cut of the donations. This is why they are not listed as one of the charities that ebay sellers can have a percentage of their bid price automatically sent to. Ebay gets a big cut of the donations when they collect the money for the charity and the NAS simply refuses to waste their donation money that way.

Money for this jacket will be donated directly to NAS and no agency will get a share of this money for collecting it.

Don't you hate it when you donate $20 to a charity and then they spend $50 over the next 10 years mailing you letters asking for more money? The NAS will not do this.

I don't know if rockinanchor on ebay is a TBN member but he has bid the auction up to $157.50 so far. :) :) :)

That will pay for a lot of Dawn to clean up those pelicans with. :D