Propane prices in your area?

/ Propane prices in your area? #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
Just had my 500 gal. filled up this past week,$1.35 gal. lowest price I have seen in many years.I finally got off my wallet and bought our own 500 gal.tank this year.We only use 400-450 gal. a year since we heat with wood pellets and corn.What are propane prices in you area?Just curious,coobie.

/ Propane prices in your area? #2  
One distributor $1.49 and another $3.00. Both in the same town. The $3 distributor says the $1.49 distributor sells junk gas that has less btu and is dirty. Ken Sweet

/ Propane prices in your area?
One distributor $1.49 and another $3.00. Both in the same town. The $3 distributor says the $1.49 distributor sells junk gas that has less btu and is dirty. Ken Sweet
We got one of those $3 dollar guys also.IMHO they will be out of business soon as they are rude and never take care of there customers.coobie

/ Propane prices in your area? #4  

Wow - You won't be losing money until you are at half the BTU's! Not sure I know a lot about "dirty" gas. Does it talk dirty or does actual dirt fly down the line? I don't mind people trying to make an honest living but let's not be silly - The distributor not you Ken:laughing:.

/ Propane prices in your area? #5  
I wish I could find it that cheap. Last month I paid $1.73 for 1000 gal. I go through about that much every 4-6 weeks this year with the lousy weather we've been having. I own my own tank and some of the price quotes I get for that quantity are just ridiculous. I would be out of business if I had to pay $3/gal especially this time of year. The propane business seems to be about as crooked as they come. When I call a distributor and ask for a price for a thousand gallons and the first thing they say is "who am I talking to" I just hang up. They have an enormous markup at most places and hope that you will pay what they ask.
As far as "dirty" gas, I have heard that one a thousand times. I love it when they try and tell you that the other guy has "watered down" his gas so you aren't really getting a better deal. If that was the case, I would have had a tank full of water out there years ago.

/ Propane prices in your area? #6  
Yeah, we paid $1.79 here in the Northern Mitten last month. What you gonna do? It was only a $1.59 last year, but since it is directly related to the barrel price of oil, it is going to fluctuate and rumors are that if oil goes back to the north side of $80, we'll see $2.50 propane again.

At that point, it passes electricity. Yup, I've done the math. $2.30 propane is more expensive than using electricity at our rates. YMMV.

/ Propane prices in your area? #7  
We're DOWN to $1.89 (1.79 if you pay in full by a certain date.) cheapest I've seen it since I moved here to SE Tennessee 4 years ago. Last fill was 2.19. They knock off .20 a gallon if you own your tank. This is the cheapest dealer in the area. I called Surburban propane once and they were over $4 a gal when my guy was $2.19!

/ Propane prices in your area? #8  
"Dirty" propane has more ppm of sulfur than clean propane. BUT, it is highly likely that the dealers in your area all buy from the same rack. Then again, they may not have purchased at the same time - summer is always cheaper.

Cost per gallon is also going to be affected by transportation. If there are no gas plants that sell propane to dealers in Washington, the cost of transportation from the nearest producing state becomes a factor.

/ Propane prices in your area? #9  
Wow it must have to be be piped a long way to get to Arizona. I paid $2.89 a couple for weeks ago and that is pretty much what everybody charges. I have seen it get to around $3.50 in the winter time.

/ Propane prices in your area? #10  
Local Co-ops price is $1.749 for fill by August 31st. Fixed price ie. pre-pay is 1.849 with delivery by March 31st 2011.