How to get rid of Bats in a Barn

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #11  
I wouldn't do it. They make a huge difference in mosquitos. Maybe block them from entering the barn and they will relocate?
I agree, I have a bat that lives in a crevice just above the outside door to my office and wish he/she would get married!

/ How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #12  
How do I KILL them???

.22 caliber bird shot works. It's powerful enough to kill the bats but it wont put a hole in the roof. However, bird shot ruins the barrel's rifling so use an inexpensive gun.

/ How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #13  
   / How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #14  
I have a bat problem with bats in my pole barn. They defecate on my vehicles and ruin the paint and chrome. There must be some acid in their stool. I know they can carry rabies, as well. Not a desirable creature to have in your buildings. I have tried running them out with a long cane pole but they come right back. I guess a pellet gun might be a good solution. I would not miss their supposed mosquito eating abilities because I still have lots of them! I have heard that playing some loud hip-hop would scare them off. I know it would do it for me! I have tried bat houses but they like my pole barn much better. They are a problem and I believe the pellet gun might be the best answer.

/ How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #15  
A fan set to "stir the air" and create a bit of "white noise" has rid the neighbor's attic of bats. A $20 bill at wally world. Worth a try.

/ How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #16  
A fan set to "stir the air" and create a bit of "white noise" has rid the neighbor's attic of bats. A $20 bill at wally world. Worth a try.

Does it disturb their sleep when the air wobbles them? :D

/ How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #17  
Does it disturb their sleep when the air wobbles them? :D

Who knows? Bats are "different". Flying mice here in North America, In Australia, they have flying Wood Chucks! ;-)

Be thankful for the little things.

/ How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #18  
I like bats. Not over vehicles I will give you that.

/ How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #19  
Who knows? Bats are "different". Flying mice here in North America, In Australia, they have flying Wood Chucks! ;-)

Be thankful for the little things.

<snert> Yeah, the flying fox is a very big bat, but it eats fruit. We've got the micro-bats here too and they're very welcome, although their guano is extremely acidic.

Fortunately, there is no rabies in all of Australia. :thumbsup:

/ How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #20  
I think you better face facts. You live in the country, you have a barn - you are going to have bats. The only solution - move back to the city. You can get rid of the barn but the bats will simply find other areas to roost on your property.

I've tried "bat houses" but they like their current digs a lot better than the bat houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.