How to get rid of Bats in a Barn

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #1  

JDL538

Silver Member
Tractor
CK 30
I have Bats in my barn, every time I go in the Barn they try to run me out.
How do I KILL them???

/ How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #2  
I wouldn't do it. They make a huge difference in mosquitos. Maybe block them from entering the barn and they will relocate?

/ How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #3  
If you have a barn, you will have bats. That’s part of living outside of the city. It would be foolish (and illegal) to kill them, and unless you seal the barn up tight, they will always return. They aren’t trying to “run you out”. I would suggest getting use to them.

/ How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #4  
JD,

I can imagine that bats as a pest would be undesirable, with the very real chance they can carry rabies. Since they are beneficial otherwise, maybe putting up some bat houses around and outside the barn would give them a more desirable place to live without the two of you having to cross paths

/ How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #6  
build some bat boxes out side that are more comfortable than your barn

tom

Yes, this is the winning answer. Bats are very good for things. Ugly, but good. If there's tons of droppings in the barn that's not so good though.

Find where they enter if there is a main spot and you can even build a house that uses the same entrance to fool them.

/ How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #7  
it,s nearly impossible to rid a barn of bats,so just enjoy the fact they,re there and the insect control is free.There is so much miss information about bats so get yourself informed on them.I,d like to have more than I have now.Yes they can carry rabies but so do many other critters.Around here raccons and skunks come to mind.I,v never personally heard of a person being bitten by a rabid bat but I,m sure it has happened,but living in the country has far fewer fit falls than city life,never yet heard of a bat mugging an old person for their so. sec check:DDave

/ How to get rid of Bats in a Barn #8  
I have Bats in my barn, every time I go in the Barn they try to run me out.
How do I KILL them???

How do they try to "run you out" ?

They usually don't defend their territory. They sleep during the day and fly about at night.

Curious here. But I agree with the other posts, that they can't be gotten rid of short of sealing up the barn.

Status
Not open for further replies.