cattle chutes

/ cattle chutes #1  

pdorman

Tractor
tl100a
I have a small farm with several cattle, Im starting to look at cattle chutes one by powder river the xl model and a preifert s04 . pros and cons any info thanks much, just a cow calf operation, 5DFARMS

/ cattle chutes #2  
I have a small farm with several cattle, Im starting to look at cattle chutes one by powder river the xl model and a preifert s04 . pros and cons any info thanks much, just a cow calf operation, 5DFARMS

I made my own cattle chute between two barns...about 30 ft. long..with the head gate at the end. I used steel fence panels to fabricate it. You want to be sure it is wide enough for your Bull or Large Cow but not wide enough for them to turn around and high enough so they can rear up and spin around. I am not familiar though with the ones you have mentioned. Mine has worked great for me.

/ cattle chutes #3  

We have the HD American Farmland, Made in the USA with automatic option for $495 + modest shipping. Ken Sweet

Attachments

• headgateautomatic495.jpg
    headgateautomatic495.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 915
   / cattle chutes #4  
I have the Powder River XL With Manual head catch Work well! Stay away from the Chutes that only 'squeeze' from one side....

/ cattle chutes #5  
priefert 95..8 yrs old and had to repaint it but other than that indestructable

/ cattle chutes
thanks for the info,

/ cattle chutes #7  
I like both the brands you mentioned. I also like WW. Make sure the model you buy is tall enough and long enough for the breed of cattle you have. The headgate I recently installed on my squeeze chute is made by Tartar. It is medium duty, so it is not really heavy enough for some of my Brangus cows.
Butch