A backyard farmer in Clarkston, Georgia is being sued for growing too many vegetables

/ A backyard farmer in Clarkston, Georgia is being sued for growing too many vegetables #2  
The same people crying about that are probably the same ones giving us lectures on global warming!

/ A backyard farmer in Clarkston, Georgia is being sued for growing too many vegetables #3  
How does global warming have anything to do with enforcing zoning law? Maybe it is actually elitists who want their neighborhood to look like a golf course. It may be the GW deniers???? For the record I feel that the a law that does not allow him to grow produce needed fixing.

Loren

/ A backyard farmer in Clarkston, Georgia is being sued for growing too many vegetables #4  
Instead of suing him, they should be subsidizing him. :D

/ A backyard farmer in Clarkston, Georgia is being sued for growing too many vegetables #5  
I get that if you live in a neighborhood there have to be some standards to stop people piling up empty DDT drums and such, but this is bizarre.

/ A backyard farmer in Clarkston, Georgia is being sued for growing too many vegetables #6  
Seems the article is somewhat scewed towards the city/ establishment in my opinion (treehugger)?

Citation reads " Unauthorized use of agricultural activities performed in order to raise crops"???

Could he have been using a tractor or tiller? at what time?? early morning, late evening.

I am all for land owner rights, but when you chose to live in a social setting, hey, them guy's have rules. Sounds like he has lived there awhile, also sounds like the rules have changed and for whatever reason being enforced..

The last sentence asked you to change the focus of the debate. huh?

"The facts ma'am, only the facts" seems some are missing some in this article.

Here in the metroplex (Dallas/Ft Worth) on occasion, you can be cited for watering your lawn on the wrong day! Each city decides this as the weather changes along with demand. Yes I don't have to worry about that since I don't live in the city but, they have only so much H20 capacity.. times are chang'in in the city boy's...

/ A backyard farmer in Clarkston, Georgia is being sued for growing too many vegetables #7  
Sounds to me like local government trying to make up for budget shortfalls.
Fining to make some cash any way possible.

/ A backyard farmer in Clarkston, Georgia is being sued for growing too many vegetables #8  
If one digs a little deeper into this story it turns out he also had "unpermitted" employees...not sure what that means.
Way back my neighborhood had a guy that worked on cars as a sideline....then he grew and started have employees working when he was at his real job. He got sued by his next door neighbor and lost, shut down and left. Point is it wasn't a big deal until he started having employees etc...maybe thats what got the "farmer" in trouble in this story.

/ A backyard farmer in Clarkston, Georgia is being sued for growing too many vegetables #9  
Using his manure spreader on the 4th of July was the last straw.

/ A backyard farmer in Clarkston, Georgia is being sued for growing too many vegetables #10  
If he was employing workers and running a business in a non business zoned area it seems a little more reasonable. The value of the fine is pretty crazy, maybe this went on for a long time back and forth and the municipality got fed up.