What is the largest ranch in the USA

/ What is the largest ranch in the USA #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am curious as to what the biggest ranches are in the USA....and how big....

/ What is the largest ranch in the USA #2  
Don't know about the whole US. In Texas, it's the King Ranch, 825,000 acres covering 4 counties.
Talk about seat time. How long would it take to mow that one? /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

/ What is the largest ranch in the USA #3  
Parker Ranch on the big island of Hawaii - once about 200,000 acres (now listed at 90,000 and change) - was supposed to be one of the largest non-corporate ranches in the U.S. Now run by a trust so I'm not sure it qualified anymore. Has to be one of the biggest on an island anyway!

Tim

/ What is the largest ranch in the USA #4  
BB's right the King Ranch is one of the biggest in the US, www.kingranch.com. I have several horses from them. AZ and New Mexico have a couple that are near as large, but the King Ranch is by far the best out of all of them.

/ What is the largest ranch in the USA #5  
What about Ted Turner's ranch. I heard it was huge.

/ What is the largest ranch in the USA #6  
Nah nothing compared to the King Ranch. His is right beside my wife's parents in Montana. I can find out for sure but I know it's not over 200,000.

/ What is the largest ranch in the USA #7  
<font color=blue>What about Ted Turner's ranch.</font color=blue>

Which one?

I happened to read that he has a bunch o' ranches all over the place. They total close to 2 million acres, but the biggest is only a couple hundred thousand by itself.
crazy.gif

Enough to keep his Craftsman mower pretty busy nonetheless.
wink.gif

/ What is the largest ranch in the USA #8  
Turner is the biggest private landowner in the US.
Isnt the King Ranch 2 different parcels of land,I thought I read this somewhere

/ What is the largest ranch in the USA #9  
There's the W. T. Waggoner Estate in Vernon, Texas, which claims to be the largest ranch in the United States under 1 fence. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.waggonerranch.com>Click here for their website</A> and scroll down for the history of the ranch. They say it is approximately 520,000 acres.

/ What is the largest ranch in the USA #10  
The King Ranch's holdings include the 825,000 acres in South Texas plus a number of acres in <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kingranch.com/geography.htm>South Florida.</A>

The XIT Ranch (Texas panhandle) at one time covered approximately 3 million acres - but that was a long time ago...