Planted Fescue grass seed on Monday

/ Planted Fescue grass seed on Monday #1  

brin

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles eas
This past Monday I planted 1 acre with Tall Fescue grass seed....it is about 1/2 inch out of the soil just 4 days later...today is Thursday and it is already coming up..I have been planting grass seed for many years and I have never heard of such fast germination...only thing I can think of it must have been really fresh seed...Any of you ever have such fast germination...?

/ Planted Fescue grass seed on Monday #2  
4 days would be a record for me.

I planted K31 fescue a couple of weeks ago and it took 6 days to germinate. Daytime temps were 75-80 and night time was 50's and 60's. I think this is the quickest I've ever seen it germinate.

These were just lawn patch areas and I gave them light watering each evening. Half of the seed was a year old and half was fresh (mixed together). It is now 3-4 inches tall.

/ Planted Fescue grass seed on Monday
4 days would be a record for me.

I planted K31 fescue a couple of weeks ago and it took 6 days to germinate. Daytime temps were 75-80 and night time was 50's and 60's. I think this is the quickest I've ever seen it germinate.

These were just lawn patch areas and I gave them light watering each evening. Half of the seed was a year old and half was fresh (mixed together). It is now 3-4 inches tall.

Geez, I would have been stunned a the 6 days you got..usually it takes a full 10 days for me to see the seeds germinate..It rained the night I put it down and has rained some every day since..so that has helped I'm sure but still 4 days...I mean - I see it and I am still having a hard time believing my eyes..:)

/ Planted Fescue grass seed on Monday #4  
I put 1/2 acre or so down last friday, didn't get rain
till monday, and today 3" and counting, it'll all be
washed away i'm afraid. mostly rye in the mix, and
it's vacant land that's been hardfill etc, so not very
good soil, and poor drainage, waste of $$$, but that's usually
my luck, put seed, torrential rains come within the week!!
:(

/ Planted Fescue grass seed on Monday #5  
just had creeping red fescue and perennial rye 50/50 mix pop in 5 days this week. The weather gods were with me. tough shale with no real topsoil. Threw down peat moss 1/4in. aand starter fertilizer. It was an existing lawn that got torn up for a patio project. we had a 2 month drought that just ended about 10 days ago....THank You Weather Gods.