Hunting season in Maine

/ Hunting season in Maine #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Yesterday marked the opening day here for small game and ruffed grouse ("birds" in this neck of the woods. It looks like a good year for game; not only will I get a chance to supplement the larder, but it will probably be the last season which I get to enjoy with my partner; she's starting to show her age so I'm hoping for a few more good memories.

/ Hunting season in Maine #2  
Good luck to you and your dog this hunting season, there is nothing like spending time afield with a good birddog or hound, and you are right about the memories, they will stay with you forever.

/ Hunting season in Maine #3  
I am going to Northern Maine in a couple weeks for some snowshoe hare hunting with the dogs. I can't wait. There are 4 of us going.

/ Hunting season in Maine #4  
Enjoy making memories to cherish in years to come. :)

/ Hunting season in Maine
Good luck to you and your dog this hunting season, there is nothing like spending time afield with a good birddog or hound, and you are right about the memories, they will stay with you forever.

I never trained her to hunt; she just took it upon herself to find the birds after I brought them down. She's quite adept at bringing back "cripples" . I often wonder how many times I've left game in the woods because I couldn't find it & assumed I missed.

/ Hunting season in Maine
I am going to Northern Maine in a couple weeks for some snowshoe hare hunting with the dogs. I can't wait. There are 4 of us going.

How far north are you going? Every March I see a couple of groups from Vermont hunting around the Haynesville area.

/ Hunting season in Maine #7  
I am going up around Patten, Maine

/ Hunting season in Maine #8  
Wave on the way by, I'm a couple hundred yards from 95 in Benton.

/ Hunting season in Maine #9  
Man, You guys are talking my favorite subject....Aside from the tractor stuff:laughing:

My 2 hounds are primed and ready, hopefully will go out 2 days this weekend.......Just can't get enough of that "Hound of Music"......:thumbsup: