Propane Tank

/ Propane Tank #1  

wedge40

Veteran Member
Changed propane companies back in August. Notified the old company that I switched on August 16th and to come and pick up their tank. It has been over two months and the tank still sits at the end of the driveway. Numerous calls hasn't done anything.
What are my options?

I've come up with two. One is to send them a bill for storage every month. I'm thinking $25-50/month.

Second would be take the tank, remove the logo, paint it and put it up for sale on Craigs list. How long does it have to sit before I own the tank.

Oh and the funny part is they've called a couple time offering me an introductory offer at 75 cents per gallon more then my new supplier.

Wedge

/ Propane Tank #2  
dont take it, likely just waiting for you to do something like that then file charges.

storage fees (good luck collecting)

or call a roll off truck and have it delivered to the propane place at there cost.

/ Propane Tank #3  
Call them for a service call. Explain you smell propane and you think their tank is leaking. When they get there to fix it, ask them to take to their yard to check it out instead of working on it in your yard.

/ Propane Tank #4  
Changed propane companies back in August. Notified the old company that I switched on August 16th and to come and pick up their tank. It has been over two months and the tank still sits at the end of the driveway. Numerous calls hasn't done anything.
What are my options?

I've come up with two. One is to send them a bill for storage every month. I'm thinking $25-50/month.

Second would be take the tank, remove the logo, paint it and put it up for sale on Craigs list. How long does it have to sit before I own the tank.

Oh and the funny part is they've called a couple time offering me an introductory offer at 75 cents per gallon more then my new supplier.

Wedge
I had the same problem,I told my propane company there tank was out by the road with a for sale sign on it.They came the next day to pick it up.LOL,coobie.

/ Propane Tank
Thats the point the tank is right next to the road, my driveway is 500ft through the woods so someone could steal it without me even knowing.

Wedge

/ Propane Tank #6  
Thats the point the tank is right next to the road, my driveway is 500ft through the woods so someone could steal it without me even knowing.

Who put it at the end of the road... the tank owning company or the company that put in your new tank?

If the 'owner' of the tank left their property in a non-secure location... well thats their problem, and if it goes missing not your problem.

/ Propane Tank #7  
When I switched companies under adversarial conditions a few years ago the old company said they couldn't pick up the old tank for at least 2 weeks. Told 'em I didn't care if they ever picked it up for it was now sitting beside the road on town property. They picked it up the same day. MikeD74T