My Wife Hit a Deer This Morning

/ My Wife Hit a Deer This Morning #31  
I would also say try to resist the temptation to swerve and miss them -- better to connect solidly and claim insurance than to run off the road and try and make a single vehicle accident claim:eek:

Same here in Ohio.

/ My Wife Hit a Deer This Morning #32  
Last year, I could have done my deer hunting AND turkey hunting all in about one hour. Driving into town with our minivan, a nicely appointed buck suddenly came out of a ditch in front of me. I managed to brake enough that he passed in front by barely inches. There would have been major damage if I was going any faster.
About an hour later, while coming home, a flock of turkeys flew into the front of the van. One actually bounced off the windshield but recovered in flight and never touched the ground. All this happened in the same exact spot on the road as the near miss with the deer. Needless to say, I'm especially cautious on that part of the road and more so in the Fall.

/ My Wife Hit a Deer This Morning #33  
Yep Deer can kill

10-14-02-2.jpg
10-14-02-b.jpg

QUOTE]
There was a multi-car accident in the fog in CLT last year when the lead driver slowed down for a deer. A police officer was quoted recommending NOT slowing down for a deer. So one guy can miss a brown deer in the fog but he should risk hitting the deer at high speed in consideration of the dopes behind him following too close / too fast to stop for a car equipped with brake lights.

/ My Wife Hit a Deer This Morning #34  
A guy on a motorcycle died a few weeks back when he hit a deer.

I had a friend years ago who killed a bull Roosevelt elk with his motorcycle helmet. He had severe brain damage, and it took years of rehab to get him back to near normal. We were good friends before the accident, but afterwards he didn't remember me at all.

/ My Wife Hit a Deer This Morning #35  
Yep Deer can kill

10-14-02-2.jpg
10-14-02-b.jpg

QUOTE]
There was a multi-car accident in the fog in CLT last year when the lead driver slowed down for a deer. A police officer was quoted recommending NOT slowing down for a deer. So one guy can miss a brown deer in the fog but he should risk hitting the deer at high speed in consideration of the dopes behind him following too close / too fast to stop for a car equipped with brake lights.

I have an LED brake light in my receiver hitch and extra yellow reflectors on the mud flaps and rear window just to let people know I am slowing down. Red lights are an optical illusion at night that will make you think they are farther away than they really are. Red is pretty visible through fog, but people will get right up on them without realizing how close they are. That's why I use yellow reflectors instead of red.

If you combine a distracted driver with someone who doesn't follow the two second rule, you stand a good chance of getting rear ended. A few extra watts in the rear is a good idea.