Must be fall ... the Moles are back

/ Must be fall ... the Moles are back #1  

SARG

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH T1030- NH T1530 - 49G Brockway
Brought out my trusty orange pail of assorted Mole traps today to combat the critters because a few fresh dirt mounds appeared over night. I have convinced myself that this year will be successful in their termination .... because we have become more patient and finally understand that taking great pains in setting the traps is the critical part of the equation.

While everyone else is out hunting down Bambi I shall focus on the lawn renegades.

/ Must be fall ... the Moles are back #2  
Seems our moles are diving deeper down in preparation for winter hibernation. I've seen less above ground evidence lately. They are harder to catch when this time of year comes around...at least in my experience.
Will be interested in what you find. Go get'um.

/ Must be fall ... the Moles are back
Hopefully tomorrow I can post photographic evidence that the war has started.

/ Must be fall ... the Moles are back #5  
The best defense against moles that I have ever seen is a Jack Russell terrier.

Success over the first night. Two sets and two moles.

The campaign has begun.

/ Must be fall ... the Moles are back #7  
Hey Sarge

Have you tried throwing out grub worm killer? grub worms are a major source of food for moles. Kill their source of food and the moles go over to the neighbor's yard!

maybe it will help....

I've got two acres around the house of nasty clay soil and I do remember once I tried the "weed and feed" deal .......... turned out the grass was rare and the weeds plentiful .........meaning I had a very brown lawn for awhile ....... all to say I'm too cheap to try and kill off the grubs.

I suspect the only real remedy to Moles is trap them one at a time and continue doing it.

Today the traps were empty. I imagine that when each Mole arrives on scene somewhere on the lawn he will leave his telltale mound of mud and I will pounce with the trapsets in his tunnel.

/ Must be fall ... the Moles are back #9  
We've got our share of the moles in our yard this year, too, and I haven't done anything yet to get rid of them.

/ Must be fall ... the Moles are back #10  
Go to Lowes or HD....actually go to HD, I own stock...lol

But get a box of a product called Tomcat. It has fake worms in it that are impregnated with Bromethalin.

Read the instructions on the box and you'll be very happy with the results.

Trust me on this.

The other option is to google a product called Talparid.....same stuff in larger quantities and maybe cheaper overall.