The endless debate - Husky or Stihl?? Why??

/ The endless debate - Husky or Stihl?? Why?? #61  
Cutting wasnt the problem, it cut great. I was talking about the difference in the vibration. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ The endless debate - Husky or Stihl?? Why?? #62  
Right; but some may have the impression that cutting ability is limited to a few makes.

I'd suggest saws be judged on cutting ability, handling ergonomics and durability.

Egon

/ The endless debate - Husky or Stihl?? Why?? #63  
Those 55 Ranchers have a reputation as a real tough farm saw.
When we built this place 8 years ago I bought a pair of Husky 51s as my youngest son was helpin clear the lot and the R.O. W. They worked fine and are still goin' strong today, although one is at a neighbor's who always had some piece of junk and wanted to clear about 2 acres. He uses my saw, I use his box blade and 1 ton flatbed truck.
Now that I've started millin' SYP for the pole barn I've bought a Stihl 066, the Husky's don't compare but they were $500 for both and the Stihl was a close out at $800.
It is my contention that you can't go wrong with either or the Echo, Jonsereds or even Domars which is what the county road crews are usin'. What you need to base you decision on is do you really need a pro saw if you are just usin' it part time.
Once you made up your mind find the one that fits you best, buy it and never look back. Oh yeah, put a Walker muffler on it, for $35 the saw will run stronger and cooler. Don't forget to richen up the high speed mixture if you do that.