Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5030 HST

Default Approximate fence costs per foot

I'll be fencing in a pasture area next year and was curious about approximate cost per linear foot. I know a lot depends on terrain, gates, etc but I was trying to get an idea how expensive this is going to be. I'll either be using split rail or Centaur 4" or 5" tape fencing and the total length will be about 1,500'.
    Kubota L5030HST, LA853 FEL w/ HD bucket, BH90 backhoe, Bush Hog 286, WR Long Grapple

Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

Default Re: Approximate fence costs per foot

Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5030 HST

I knew that was going to happen! Thanks for that. I searched this site and didn't find anything. And searching online got me a lot of fence companies that didn't outline costs.
    Kubota L5030HST, LA853 FEL w/ HD bucket, BH90 backhoe, Bush Hog 286, WR Long Grapple

Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    I knew that was going to happen! Thanks for that. I searched this site and didn't find anything. And searching online got me a lot of fence companies that didn't outline costs.
    Ill admit the search feature never works like you want it to
    Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

Tractor
    Kubota Zd21

I am in Louisiana and work for a fencing contractor. The least expensive to do pasture fencing is t posts which run a bout $5 to $6 bucks ea and barbwire which is maybe .04 per ft. So a 5 run barb wire fence will need about 6 rolls bw which are about 50 buck a roll and 150 t posts. The posts are usually 10 on center and you want to do bracing at the corner pull points. You also want to have pull points if your straight runs are 300ft or more.
    Wayne

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    I'll be fencing in a pasture area next year and was curious about approximate cost per linear foot. I know a lot depends on terrain, gates, etc but I was trying to get an idea how expensive this is going to be. I'll either be using split rail or Centaur 4" or 5" tape fencing and the total length will be about 1,500'.
    I have some materials prices for N Central Florida for 4x4 posts + 1"x6"x16' "corral boards" + Red Brand "no climb" wire ("HD" = Home Depot; "TSC" = Tractor Supply):

4"x4"x8' PT posts (HD) + 4' hi Red Brand "no climb" wire (TSC) + No corral boards = $2.12/ ft

4"x4"x8' PT posts (HD) + 4' hi Red Brand "no climb" wire (TSC) + 1 corral board at top (HD) = $2.56/ ft

4"x4"x8' PT posts (HD) + 4' hi Red Brand "no climb" wire (TSC) + 4 corral boards (HD) = $3.86/ ft

At HD, 4"x4"x8' PT post is $6.97
    At HD, a 1"x6"x16' corral board (rough sawn) is $6.97
    At TSC, a 200' roll of 4' hi "no climb" (2"Wx4"H holes) fence wire is $250.00

All of these are pre-tax figures. Add nails/ screws as needed. Add corner & intermediate bracing as needed. Add gates as needed; I spent about $300 on a 16'wide farm gate, hardware & 6"x6" gate posts.

But Fultrtl is right, a T-post + barbed wire fence is much cheaper.

Tractor
    JD 4720

I got a price on really nice post and rail from Beaver Forest Products (google it for pics). I think it was for 3300', 4 3.25" x 8' Rails, with 8' x 6" posts and it was around 19k CDN - so about $5-ish bucks a linear foot.

These are the post & rail dimensions I used on another fence, and it looked really nice.

Their system is really nice - the posts are pre-bored to accept the rails that are chamferred down to 2" on the ends. It looks really sharp, and should be pretty easy to install.

-Jer.
    ________
    2005 JD 4720, 400x loader with bucket, bale spear, pallet forks, Markham LD grapple, Markham snow blade, Schulte BX 74 snowblower, Caroni 1900 flail, 8' Aerway, 3rd SCV at rear, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, added EH hydro circuits, big pile of 3pt implements.
    Wish List:
    PTO hydraulic pump to run custom fab'd hydraulic snowblower, broom, weed wacker, or PHD. Side link from MtnView Ranch....

Elite Member
    Tractor
    1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.

Virginia DOT tearing out the old fence, Nothing. New 6 high tensel wire, $4.50 a foot. V-Dot created the problem 40 years ago, we need to fix it.

mark
    red tractor
    blue tractor
    green tractor
    orange tractor
    too many impliments to list

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5030 HST

Quote Originally Posted by jgrreed View Post
    I got a price on really nice post and rail from Beaver Forest Products (google it for pics). I think it was for 3300', 4 3.25" x 8' Rails, with 8' x 6" posts and it was around 19k CDN - so about $5-ish bucks a linear foot.
    C$19k? Currently that's about US$19k.....or in a year it might be US$10k

Quote Originally Posted by jgrreed View Post

These are the post & rail dimensions I used on another fence, and it looked really nice.

Their system is really nice - the posts are pre-bored to accept the rails that are chamferred down to 2" on the ends. It looks really sharp, and should be pretty easy to install.

-Jer.
    Got a rough quote for my 600ft driveway, $3000.00 Give or take. Looks about right?
    TN75D, w/cab, FEL, BH
    7 1/2 ft Lucknow Blower

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast