Approximate fence costs per foot

/ Approximate fence costs per foot #1  

RobA

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HST
I'll be fencing in a pasture area next year and was curious about approximate cost per linear foot. I know a lot depends on terrain, gates, etc but I was trying to get an idea how expensive this is going to be. I'll either be using split rail or Centaur 4" or 5" tape fencing and the total length will be about 1,500'.

/ Approximate fence costs per foot
I knew that was going to happen! Thanks for that. I searched this site and didn't find anything. And searching online got me a lot of fence companies that didn't outline costs.

/ Approximate fence costs per foot #4  
I knew that was going to happen! Thanks for that. I searched this site and didn't find anything. And searching online got me a lot of fence companies that didn't outline costs.

Ill admit the search feature never works like you want it to :thumbsup:

/ Approximate fence costs per foot #5  
I am in Louisiana and work for a fencing contractor. The least expensive to do pasture fencing is t posts which run a bout $5 to $6 bucks ea and barbwire which is maybe .04 per ft. So a 5 run barb wire fence will need about 6 rolls bw which are about 50 buck a roll and 150 t posts. The posts are usually 10 on center and you want to do bracing at the corner pull points. You also want to have pull points if your straight runs are 300ft or more.
Wayne

/ Approximate fence costs per foot #6  
I'll be fencing in a pasture area next year and was curious about approximate cost per linear foot. I know a lot depends on terrain, gates, etc but I was trying to get an idea how expensive this is going to be. I'll either be using split rail or Centaur 4" or 5" tape fencing and the total length will be about 1,500'.

I have some materials prices for N Central Florida for 4x4 posts + 1"x6"x16' "corral boards" + Red Brand "no climb" wire ("HD" = Home Depot; "TSC" = Tractor Supply):

4"x4"x8' PT posts (HD) + 4' hi Red Brand "no climb" wire (TSC) + No corral boards = $2.12/ ft

4"x4"x8' PT posts (HD) + 4' hi Red Brand "no climb" wire (TSC) + 1 corral board at top (HD) = $2.56/ ft

4"x4"x8' PT posts (HD) + 4' hi Red Brand "no climb" wire (TSC) + 4 corral boards (HD) = $3.86/ ft

At HD, 4"x4"x8' PT post is $6.97
At HD, a 1"x6"x16' corral board (rough sawn) is $6.97
At TSC, a 200' roll of 4' hi "no climb" (2"Wx4"H holes) fence wire is $250.00

All of these are pre-tax figures. Add nails/ screws as needed. Add corner & intermediate bracing as needed. Add gates as needed; I spent about $300 on a 16'wide farm gate, hardware & 6"x6" gate posts.

But Fultrtl is right, a T-post + barbed wire fence is much cheaper.

/ Approximate fence costs per foot #7  
I got a price on really nice post and rail from Beaver Forest Products (google it for pics). I think it was for 3300', 4 3.25" x 8' Rails, with 8' x 6" posts and it was around 19k CDN - so about $5-ish bucks a linear foot.

These are the post & rail dimensions I used on another fence, and it looked really nice.

Their system is really nice - the posts are pre-bored to accept the rails that are chamferred down to 2" on the ends. It looks really sharp, and should be pretty easy to install.

-Jer.

/ Approximate fence costs per foot #8  
Virginia DOT tearing out the old fence, Nothing. New 6 high tensel wire, $4.50 a foot. V-Dot created the problem 40 years ago, we need to fix it.

mark

/ Approximate fence costs per foot
I got a price on really nice post and rail from Beaver Forest Products (google it for pics). I think it was for 3300', 4 3.25" x 8' Rails, with 8' x 6" posts and it was around 19k CDN - so about $5-ish bucks a linear foot.
C$19k? Currently that's about US$19k.....or in a year it might be US$10k:eek:

/ Approximate fence costs per foot #10  

These are the post & rail dimensions I used on another fence, and it looked really nice.

Their system is really nice - the posts are pre-bored to accept the rails that are chamferred down to 2" on the ends. It looks really sharp, and should be pretty easy to install.

-Jer.

Got a rough quote for my 600ft driveway, $3000.00 Give or take. Looks about right?