Game Camera Question

/ Game Camera Question #1  

blueriver

Tractor
JD 5520 Montana 4340 Farmall Super A Montana 5720C
Got my first ever game camera, Moultrie D50 and have some questions.

I set it up per the owners manual ...

1.) In the auto mode should you see the flash? (In the Dark)
2.) Event delay ... I can choose 1 min, 5 min, 10 minute or 60 min ... What does this mean and what setting are you folks using?
3.) Multi Shots ... 1 shot, 2 shot or 3 shot ... same question?

Thanks

/ Game Camera Question #2  
I know nothing about how to set one up. I have watched the nature shows with the wild like photographers talking about their setup. Somtimes the lions maul the camera. They have pictures of the male lions marking their territory on the camera ( P ).
Craig Clayton

/ Game Camera Question #3  
event delay means delay between pictures.if you set it at one minute the camera will only take the next picture after a one minute delay the camera goes into sleep mode for that minute then it can be triped for the next picture,Same as 3 minutes and 10 minutes.
multi shot means what it says,one to 3 pictures at a time.One after another.

/ Game Camera Question #4  
Got my first ever game camera, Moultrie D50 and have some questions.

I set it up per the owners manual ...

1.) In the auto mode should you see the flash? (In the Dark)
2.) Event delay ... I can choose 1 min, 5 min, 10 minute or 60 min ... What does this mean and what setting are you folks using?
3.) Multi Shots ... 1 shot, 2 shot or 3 shot ... same question?

Thanks

In automode, it may depend on whether you set up to have the flash go off or not. I believe the delay (if it is like my camera) is how long after motion is detected to actually have the picture taken.

The Multi Shots is just that - it will either take a single pix or rapidly take multiple pixs for a single "push" of the button or motion detection.

I use a different camera, so someone with the same model may have better answers for you.

/ Game Camera Question
event delay means delay between pictures.if you set it at one minute the camera will only take the next picture after a one minute delay the camera goes into sleep mode for that minute then it can be triped for the next picture,Same as 3 minutes and 10 minutes.
multi shot means what it says,one to 3 pictures at a time.One after another.

Thanks for that ... I set it up yesterday evening. Took it to the woods mounted it on the tree, used the IR aim and set it up "Auto" ... turned it on it went in the countdown mood. Then I walked around taking my picture (so I thought) This morning I bring the SD card in ... One picture .. me at 6:03 opening the unit to shut it off!!

/ Game Camera Question #6  
ihuntbear said it correctly. Hope you get alot of great pics and be shure to share.:thumbsup:

/ Game Camera Question #7  
I have my camera set up for 3 pics at a time with a one minute delay. I get 200 to 400 pics on it in a week. Usualy it's hogs at night, with a few deer and a lot of birds and squirrels during the day. The wind will set it off to with the trees swaying. I delete 99 percent of my pictures, post a few of the ones I keep on Facebook and mostly just use it to see what's out there and when they come in to the feeder.

One thing that I really like is having a big battery on a solar cell. I started out with one of those little solar cells that they sell at the sporting goods store. It lasted a season, but then died on me. I upgraded to a really good one from Northern Tool that has been working non stop for a couple of years now. Really worth the extra money to never have a dead battery or have to buy new batteries.

I have a Stealth Cam with a flash. I tried IR but didn't care for the black and white pics at night time. I don't think the animals care about the flash. I've never seen any that did in my area, and they keep coming back and are there long enough to get multiple pics of them. I also like the flash because of the long range it gives you in getting your color pics.

At first, I was checking mine every day. Now it's once a week. I have an extra SD card that I use to replace the one that's in the camera. Just take out the one in there and put in the empty one for the next week. A 2 gig card will hold a lot of pics, and I've never come close to filling it up in a weeks time.

Good luck and enjoy what you descover. There is a whole world of activity out there that you never knew about until now!!!!!

Eddie

/ Game Camera Question #8  
I moved my camera to look at a bird feeder and try to get pictures of the squirrels and raccoons stealing the seeds. The next day I had hundreds of pictures of streams of water from the sprinklers.:eek: My advice is don't set up a game cam anywhere near a water sprinkler.:laughing:

/ Game Camera Question #9  
here's a few.I have lots

Attachments

• PICT00012010.jpg
    PICT00012010.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 254
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    830 KB · Views: 746
  • PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 260