Snow and power outage - Winter already?

/ Snow and power outage - Winter already? #1  

Mousefield

Elite Member
Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
Tractor
Sold 2008 CK35 HST
What a difference a year makes. Last year was one of the mildest on record and this year they are forecasting a long hard winter. Got six inches of snow and lost power for about 10 hours overnight. Last winter we only had one snow fall of 2-3 inches that was gone within days. It's not even winter yet. Yikes. :eek:

Attachments

• SnowGaots2010 006.jpg
    SnowGaots2010 006.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 112
  • SnowGaots2010 009.jpg
    SnowGaots2010 009.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 101
  • SnowGaots2010 015.jpg
    SnowGaots2010 015.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 111
  • SnowGaots2010 003.jpg
    SnowGaots2010 003.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 114
   / Snow and power outage - Winter already? #2  
We've been lucky at our new place, the only power outage we had was due to the earthquake during the summer.

Up in Hanmer we had power failures practically every snow fall ... was quite annoying

/ Snow and power outage - Winter already? #3  
Your home picture postcard,but please don't send that white stuff our way anytime soon. ;)

/ Snow and power outage - Winter already? #4  
I am with Thomas don't send it. As being with a utility I don't like playing outages!

/ Snow and power outage - Winter already? #5  
Your home picture postcard,but please don't send that white stuff our way anytime soon. ;)

We'll take it if New Hampshire isn't ready!!

/ Snow and power outage - Winter already? #7  
I will take all you can send. I am so ready for winter. Snow has been toying with us the last couple days. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

/ Snow and power outage - Winter already? #8  
I can tell you that it would be excellent to get the snowmobile roaring again ... last year was pathetic with the mid season thaw

/ Snow and power outage - Winter already? #9  
We got your winter last year here in the NC mountains.
We had our worst winter in 50 years!
We had 7 measurable snow falls.
I started scraping my driveway and I had so much snow that I had the road blocked.
I just started piling it up in big piles, then it stayed for months.
The bad part was we usually go south to Florida but we could not leave last winter due wifes mother's health problems.
You folks just keep that snow up there and have fun.
sherpa

/ Snow and power outage - Winter already? #10  
Perspective. It's a funny thing.

Nobody likes loss of power and many folks don't care for snow, but up here, like many other places, snow is vital.

We'd be a desert without it.

We get close to 75% of our annual precipitation via snow. We HAVE to receive snow. We only complain if we don't get our prescribed allotment. :thumbsup: