Line X entire truck.

/ Line X entire truck. #1  

scesnick

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Well, I figured I'd put this in the rural living section because it is rural living that caused me to think about doing this.
My driveway is 2.5 miles long down over the mountain with the first milethrough a heavily wooded area.
Well, we had a minor ice storm this morning and on my way to work ( yes, I have to work Thanksiving day) there were quite a few branches down on the road. So, of course, one of these branches jumped up when I ran over it an put another nice quarter sized dent in my door.
I also use this truck to get firewood on occassion and, as anyone who gathers firewood knows, you will dent the side of your bed eventully.

I recently saw a very nice Dodge 2500 diesel just like mine with the ENTIRE truck covered with charcoal gray Line X. it looked great! I figured that if I did this it would eliminate all the little dents and dings associated with country living. Anyone out there done this yet?
what would be the pros and cons?

/ Line X entire truck. #2  
Pro..... you won't have to worry about scratches:thumbsup:

Con...... UGLY:(

/ Line X entire truck. #4  
There is a number of trucks out there herculined, same thing. Some motorcycles too. I would do it, who cares for looks anyway?

/ Line X entire truck. #5  
Thats why I think its crazy when people buy brand new trucks then complain about scratching them.

I prefer my trucks with over 100,000 miles and not worry about any additions to the personlized artwork on the sides.

/ Line X entire truck. #6  
The only part of my 99 cummins ram that is not rusting away is the LineX'd bed.
I wish I knew back then what I would see now....
I would have blasted at least the bottom half of the entire truck with the stuff!!

Dirt roads, cold winters, tons of salt, no garage......

/ Line X entire truck. #7  
before i got rid of my 99 dodge ram, the bed was the only thing not rusting because of the rhino liner. When i get my next truck(some type of diesel) will see if they can rhino the wheel wells, and bottoms of the door. This way the truck will last as long as the engine.

/ Line X entire truck. #8  
While I had never considered this, it does sound lke a good idea at first.....
Linex is great for truck beds - on my second truck with it now and they do take a beating. And they are SEMI-dent proof....
Kinda expensive though, wonder what covering the whole vehicle would cost? Also, would be really hard to clean bugs off of (if you cared about that sort of thing). The rough surface would cause air drag and may lower your gas mileage?
But the worst thing, sliding across the hood (Bo Duke style) would be REALLY painful in shorts!!!!! :confused2:
How about if you just put insert panels on the sides - like the old Woody station wagons had? :thumbsup:

/ Line X entire truck. #9  
Oh, one other thing - linex is slightly permiable - holds oil and such on/in the surface. So when you hit a pole cat (thats skunk to some of ya...) the "smell" may stick with your vehicle for a while.....

/ Line X entire truck. #10  
I am on my fourth truck and have had Line X in all of them. This saves so much on the bed it is unreal. The firehouse I am assigned to has a jeep that the whole interior is done in line x and a few new county engines that have the the front bumpers and such coated with the liner. It works great. I have had a few chips taken out of my last one due to loading a box blade in the bed. I called the dealer and they would respray the areas with no cost. Even if you do not want to do the whole truck you can do halfway up the doors in the areas that are high risk areas. My ram will go back next summer to get the rockers done. This is approximately one foot up from the bottom of the truck and in a color that will match the existing one. The only draw back is the cost. To do the rockers it was going to be about two hundred. Not a bad deal though for the durability.