Private Drive Sign

/ Private Drive Sign #1  

MNBobcat

Platinum Member
This morning I was sitting on the couch in the bedroom watching TV when someone drove in our driveway, turned around and drove out. I really hate that. It must happen 4 or 5 times a year.

Our blacktop driveway is 1,200 feet long. At the end near the main road are a couple of brick pillars with lions on top. There is also a mailbox. There is a house number on the pillars. Even so, people must think its a gated community or something. That, or they are just curious as well as rude (rudely snooping).

Eventually I'm going to install a gate. In the mean time, I decided that I need to put up a sign indicating that it's a private drive. I want to make a sign that says:

Private Drive. Trespassers will be Violated.

Think it will help? :D

/ Private Drive Sign #2  
You might invite the sickos if the sign says that. I have a similiar setup. We had a guy drive up our driveway last week, I was leaving anyways so i thought i ride his bumper for a while to make him nervous. We even have a sign that says private dr and No trespassing.

/ Private Drive Sign #3  
Won't help.....most people totally ignore signs! Happens to me all the time as I live a dead end and everyone seems to think my driveway is the township turn-a-round!

Get the 12 gauge out, and let them have some buckshot!

Craig

/ Private Drive Sign #4  
how 'bout this one?

152-486_A.jpg

/ Private Drive Sign #5  
I think that sign with some shrunking heads stuck on stakes should do the trick.

/ Private Drive Sign #6  
Before my wife and I bought our property we ran a horse farm for a lady who lived in Germany. We were on 370 acres and the drive to her house was about .75 miles long. She was very very private and wanted no one on her property. Part of my job was to help keep them off. We had No Trespassing signs about every fifty yards around the property line. Down the driveway there were two Private Drive No Trespassing signs at the entrance, and about four more staggered over the next 100 yards.

I kicked folks out of that property every week. I had numerous who wanted to argue their right to be there. It was amazing.

/ Private Drive Sign #7  
Signs and even gates won't work. There are people who want to get through your door, especially when you are not there. What has helped me (I have gates, dogs, signs and alarm bells) is a rotating beacon (from a former State police car) triggered by the various sensors I have at the road, gates, light poles and barn entrance. I have it mounted on my golf cart, which I can park anywhere I want in the yard. When they see it, they know they have been discovered, perhaps videoed, and definitely spotted by the dogs inside. The critters even know my routine such that they don't bark when I leave or come back after a mission. To keep repeat offences to zero, the first thing you do is get the license plate. Then you say "What do you want?" instead of Hi how are ya, what's up? Its a confidence game, I win, you lose, every time.

/ Private Drive Sign #8  
I guess that is one of the perks of living remote, on the rare occasion someone I don't know shows up in my cove I invite them in for a cup of coffee. Never thought about posting it or running people off.
Rick

/ Private Drive Sign #9  
Our blacktop driveway is 1,200 feet long. At the end near the main road are a couple of brick pillars with lions on top. ...

Bet if you took away the pillars and lions and put some wrecked cars, junk appliances and a couple lazy boys by a fire pit no one would stop by! :laughing:

Have you ever looked at a GPS unit or map to see if you driveway might be listed as a road? My sister's driveway shows up as a city street on GPS units. She gets cars several times a week turning around in her yard. :rolleyes:

/ Private Drive Sign #10  
I guess that is one of the perks of living remote, on the rare occasion someone I don't know shows up in my cove I invite them in for a cup of coffee. Never thought about posting it or running people off.
Rick

I think remote might be understating your camp location by most peoples standards.