Amish made smoked venison hot dogs

/ Amish made smoked venison hot dogs #1  

Dozernut

Veteran Member
Tractor
ZD1211, RTV900, LX2610SU and a SVL65 CTL
The wife killed a nice doe last deer season and we took it over to our Amish neighbors who run a deer processing plant. Just got them back and tried the smoked venison hot dogs. These are the best hot dogs I have ever eaten. I was skeptical when the wife said she was getting the hot dogs but I am now reformed. Also got smoked Summer sausage but have not tried it yet. Yeah, I know, the wife got a deer and I didn't. Nothing worse then a smug woman :).

/ Amish made smoked venison hot dogs #2  
Your wife killed Bambi's mother?:eek: J/K

Some of the best kolbasa I've ever had was made by a little Metis guy who specializes in wild meats. He makes some really good farmer's sausage from moose as well. :licking:

/ Amish made smoked venison hot dogs #3  
Your just now getting the meat back after "last season"? If so, that is a long time to wait.

/ Amish made smoked venison hot dogs #4  
tried the smoked venison hot dogs. These are the best hot dogs I have ever eaten

If you had the pleasure to see a real commercial Hot Dog made it may change your outlook on wiener roasts.:thumbsup::thumbsup::laughing:

/ Amish made smoked venison hot dogs
"Your just now getting the meat back after "last season"? If so, that is a long time to wait."

Our last deer season was last weekend, December 2,3, & 4th. Actually a very quick return.

/ Amish made smoked venison hot dogs
Hey Egon, the mad German art teacher just looked out the window and said we had a "skiff" of snow. I looked out thinking that maybe Santa had brought me an early Christmas present, but alas no boat, just snow. If I didn't know better I would think my Bride of nearly 40 years was Canadian. A proud heritage for sure, but you guys and gals with your boat loads of snow have me confused (not hard to do) :):):). Keep warm and Happy Holidays!

PS: I don't like to eat commercial hot dogs, I know how they are made.

/ Amish made smoked venison hot dogs #7  
you guys and gals with your boat loads of snow have me confused (not hard to do)

Now now; Canada is a large country with varying climatic conditions. At present we have no snow and do expect some rain for the next few days! But some places up here do have snow in abundance!:thumbsup::thumbsup::laughing:

Many years ago a small group of us went Moose Hunting. One young fellow had the misfortune[We had other names for it] to actually shoot one. After much sweat it finally ended up at a local farmer who operated a small butcher shop. With some of the meat he made sausage that just would not keep for some reason??? Seems every time a coil was brought out and cut up it it vanished in short order. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Amish made smoked venison hot dogs #8  
If you had the pleasure to see a real commercial Hot Dog made it may change your outlook on wiener roasts.:thumbsup::thumbsup::laughing:

Come on now, don't ruin it for the rest of us.....I've heard about the contents, but how can you beat the taste of a well made grilled dog? :licking:

I've always heard about these "bison burgers" found in gourmet shops, etc. and several weeks ago in a PA commissary saw a freezer full of them....looked great but when I saw the price and fat content......YIKES! 25 grams of fat per patty....must've tasted great! (burp)
(No, I didn't get any)