Won a couple new guns including the new Circuit Judge

/ Won a couple new guns including the new Circuit Judge #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
At our NWTF banquet saturday we ended up winning the new Circuit Judge revolving rifle from Rossi. I had not heard of this gun before seeing it at our banquet. It is just a very distinctive gun and one that can be great to display and take out to the field. It fires both .45 long colt and .410 and is a 5 shot revolver with 18.5" barrel.

SCJ4510_21.jpg

I also won a Henry Golden boy .22 that is basically a display piece. I don't know what I will do with that one yet but it is another great looking gun. This particualar gun has a turkey printed on the stock. I will get a better picture once I pick it up.

goldenboy22LR.jpg

I have to pick them up this week at the gun dealer as NY laws will not allow us to take them home immediately from the banquet. Paperwork is all filled out just have to go to the dealer this week to pick them up properly. Once I get a chance I will let you guys know how I like the Circuit Judge. If nothing else I can see it being hung on the wall:)

/ Won a couple new guns including the new Circuit Judge #2  
Did you buy some lottery tickets on the way home?;) Sheesh! What luck. How many total prizes did they give away?

Congratulations! I'd love to have either/both of those guns just for the fun of it. Can you imagine how much fun it would be to shoot clay pigeons with that Circuit Judge.:thumbsup:

/ Won a couple new guns including the new Circuit Judge #3  
Can you imagine how much fun it would be to shoot clay pigeons with that Circuit Judge.

I am not convinced that having a revolver cylinder right next to my cheek would be that much fun...

/ Won a couple new guns including the new Circuit Judge #4  
I hadn't seen or heard of that new Circuit Judge yet. I think that could make a very nice sadle/tractor ride along gun. You very well may have just cost me a few hundred bucks! Thanks for sharing.

/ Won a couple new guns including the new Circuit Judge #5  
Congratultions on your good fortune!!!!!

I've been to dozens of DU dinners and to a few other orginizations and never won anything. I have a buddy who wins a gun at every dinner he's been to. I think some people are just born lucky. LOL

Eddie

/ Won a couple new guns including the new Circuit Judge #6  
Can you imagine how much fun it would be to shoot clay pigeons with that Circuit Judge.

I am not convinced that having a revolver cylinder right next to my cheek would be that much fun...

You're right Dave. It's probably pretty noisy. . . maybe let somebody else go first.;)

/ Won a couple new guns including the new Circuit Judge
We sponsor every year at our local banquet and at another chapters banquet. In the 10 years or so we have been having this banquet this is only the 4th gun we have won. We have won various other prizes along the way like a pop up blind, Husqvarna chain saw, NWTF desk and a bunch of other general items. It usually costs us around $4-500 every time so in the end we don't really win anything but it sounds better to say we did :laughing:

I hadn't seen or heard of that new Circuit Judge yet. I think that could make a very nice sadle/tractor ride along gun. You very well may have just cost me a few hundred bucks! Thanks for sharing.

It definitely has the look and feel of a gun from an old western movie. The first thing I thought of was that I needed a horse so I can properly carry it in the field :laughing:

The cylinder isn't going to be next to a cheek, it will still be out in front of your face so its not that different then a regular revolver, you just hold it closer.

The biggest issue they had was the blast coming out from around the cylinder burning the left arm holding the gun. They put a blast guard on the left side to prevent this on the Circuit judge. If your left handed though you may want to find a different gun as there is not blast guard on the right hand side.

Congratultions on your good fortune!!!!!

I've been to dozens of DU dinners and to a few other orginizations and never won anything. I have a buddy who wins a gun at every dinner he's been to. I think some people are just born lucky. LOL

Eddie

I keep wishing DU would do more around this area but I know so little about the chapter here its pathetic. They have been around longer then us but no one knows about them as they don't spread the word to anyone outside of the duck hunting community. My father took my daughter to the field day which is held at the same gun club we hold our Jakes day and they only had about 30 kids and it was not managed well. We have over 100 kids attending our Jakes day and while we have hiccups along the way we try to give every kid something. Each year they get T-shirts and a host of other items just for attending. But even now we still don't know anything about the chapter unless our friend remembers to tell us about something their doing. I don't even know who is in the chapter but we are too busy with everything else to try and join their committee to help out. Hopefully someone will step up for them though and expand their chapters visibility here.

Other then their Green wing day though I have not heard of them doing anything like a banquet or such. The NWTF and Safari club both give out field corn to plant for the wildlife, the NWTF also sells seed for food plots are half cost for members. They have banquets and sponsor scholarships for local kids as well as state and nationally. I have to believe DU does something similar but the local chapter doesn't capitalize on it. One of the reasons our local NWTF chapter has grown is that the chapter 45 minutes away was ran into the ground. The main guy was corrupt and was nailed for stealing and tossed off the state board. Ever since that they have dwindled and now no one does the work to promote their chapter so our chapter has grown at the expense of theirs. We tried working together with them but we found all they wanted was for us to do 90% of the work and give them 90% of the credit. So we help them when they ask but for the most part we do our own thing and promote our own chapter which is why we have one of the highest grossing banquets in NYS while living in one of the poorest communities.