Harbor Freight "free stuff"

/ Harbor Freight "free stuff" #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
The past year or so I have been finding all these coupon flyers from Harbor Freight and until recently they would offer you a free item with any purchase, the free items would be something like a small LED flashlight or a digital multimeter. Well, the most recent coupons I have seen still offer the free items but put a tiny disclaimer on the coupon that says you have to make a minimum purchase of $9.99, $19.99, etc. The most recent coupon I have says a free pair of split leather gloves with a $9.99 purchase. Wow. Have to spend ten bucks and tax for a FREE pair of 39 cent gloves. I have spent less than $50 at Harbor Freight in the last ten years, not likely I will be rushing in to stock up on their free stuff.

/ Harbor Freight "free stuff" #2  
Last year it think, they were offering the little free LED light with NO purchase required.

Yea it's a POS, but when I'm in their anyway getting consumables like cut-off discs, I pick one up. I managed to get two of them before they started the minimum purchase thing.:thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight "free stuff" #3  
I don't and never will go to their stores and buy their second rate stuff.

/ Harbor Freight "free stuff" #4  
Coupons don't get me in their store either, but I will have to say a good friend who splits 10 or so full cords of wood a year claims the best leather gloves for lasting are those from HF.

If it is a sales gimmick that works, fine by me. :D

/ Harbor Freight "free stuff" #5  
I buy my gloves there. I get the orange ones when they are .99 a pair. They last a month...maybe two at the most. Can't beat $12 for a years supply of gloves.

Also, have one of those free flashlights in my car, truck, camper, and a couple in the house. They aren't the brightest but a small enough to keep anywhere and have good battery life.

fwiw,

Keith

/ Harbor Freight "free stuff" #6  

Do you buy from northern tool or tsc as a lot of the tools are the same right down to the pictures on their web sites. I would not buy tools that I am making a living using at harbor frieght but for the 3 pound hammer in my tractors tool box 6.99 beats 21.95 at lowes and the 3/4 drive socket set at 49.99 beats 399.99 at sears for a set that I may use once every 2 or 3 years Randy

/ Harbor Freight "free stuff" #7  
I buy a fair amount of stuff at HF. Yes, you do have to be careful what you buy; if it has a motor I go elsewhere. But for simple things, they offer a good buy. And China is getting better at making better stuff every year.

Example: I paid something like $12 for a 1/2", 24 inch long breaker bar. I'm never going to break a breaker bar and I may never need it again, but it sure did the job for why I bought it and it sure beat the price elsewhere.

/ Harbor Freight "free stuff" #8  

Nope. You'll go to some other store and pay more for the same second rate stuff made in the same factories in the same country. Then you'll feel better for "getting what you pay for". The only jobs your preserving in America are the ad agencies that have convinced you that putting a printed in China sticker on a made in China tool counts as assembly and you're buying American made stuff (assembled from imported parts).

I got a few of the free ratchet clamps. I wouldn't have gotten them if they weren't free, but now that I have them I'd pay for them if I had to buy them again.

/ Harbor Freight "free stuff" #9  
Nope. You'll go to some other store and pay more for the same second rate stuff made in the same factories in the same country.
Wow, must hit a soft spot in ya, well, it seems you think you got me figured out:laughing:
You just buy your china crap tools and them come here and praise to every one how much you saved:laughing:

/ Harbor Freight "free stuff" #10  
Wow, must hit a soft spot in ya, well, it seems you think you got me figured out:laughing:
You just buy your china crap tools and them come here and praise to every one how much you saved:laughing:

I think he's right. I got tired of buying HF floor jacks every 2-3 yrs. I went to NAPA & paid 2x the $ & their jack was also made in China. NAPA jack lasted about a year