Recycling electronics in Central Ohio

/ Recycling electronics in Central Ohio #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Long story short, I have aquired a bunch of old (not usefull to me) electronic circuit boards. From computers, TV's, and mostly from industrial controls/PLCs/Supply boards.

I never know what to do with them but figured they must be of some value to someone with all the copper and other various precious metals in them.

Well...I saw a commercial this morning for accurate IT basically where they pay YOU for kinda like every other metal scrapyard.

So arter doing a little googling in/around the columbus area, I was able to come up with 2 companies that operate like this. And several that either dont pay you or charge you. So the decision is obvious, take it where I get paid.

So the questions to you fine TBN members is...Has any of you dealt with either of these two companies. And if so, which typically pays better?? I know when it comes to steel and aluminum etc. The scrapyards around here are all different and I know what the better ones are. The one website I'll link to gives pricing, but is a little vague on what a low-mid-and high grade circuit boards are. They just say will be sorted on inspection.

So if anyone has dealt with these two, or knows anything about them, steer me in the right direction. I probabally have about 80lbs total of misc electronics and circuit boards.

Ohio Drop Off Price List

Environmental Services

/ Recycling electronics in Central Ohio #2  
I have used Ohio eWaste in the southern part of Columbus. They don't pay but they take all kinds of stuff.

/ Recycling electronics in Central Ohio
Well, I decided to go to ohio drop off. They were a little closer than the other place. made ~$33. Not much, but it is better than just tossing them in the trash:thumbsup:

/ Recycling electronics in Central Ohio #4  
Well, I decided to go to ohio drop off. They were a little closer than the other place. made ~$33. Not much, but it is better than just tossing them in the trash:thumbsup:

Yeah, this is something we need to do more of, instead of burying it or dumping it on the roadside for somebody else to worry about.