Dish or Direct TV

/ Dish or Direct TV #1  

Rocksprings

Silver Member
Tractor
Bota L2800 HST
Anyone have problems with one or the other ? Which is the best deal ?

/ Dish or Direct TV #2  
I've had both. I prefer Dish myself, but for no general reason. I just like the menu format better.

I did a Google search last year for "best satellite service" and at the time the overall winner was Dish, and it was slightly cheaper.

There are several sites that come up under that search that go into better detail for you.

/ Dish or Direct TV #3  
Dish is the only thing we can get here. I wouldn't consider it a bargain. We do like it though.

/ Dish or Direct TV #4  
Directv was flawless in the 10 years I was with them - this was before HD.

I switched to Dish for the HD 3.5 years ago. It has not been flawless - not even close. The DVR equipment is unreliable - mine has been replaced 4 times. Everytime this happens I lose all the timers. I have an external drive (which I paid Dish $40 to be able to use) and its job is to save programming for when the equipment goes out, which it always does.

Directv has networkable receivers and the only thing holding me back from switching is I'm not sure Directv handles DVR recording of off-air channels. The Dish DVR handles this nicely. Dish HD is also very good (though not as good as Blueray or off-air), I assume Directv would also be good.

/ Dish or Direct TV #5  
We have had Dish for about 16 years. We have had some problems with the DVRs but Dish has been very good about taking care of it. I would recommend them. I have no experience with Direct.

/ Dish or Direct TV #6  
I had Dish, Dad had Direct. I prefer Dish.

/ Dish or Direct TV #7  
I have had only Directv, and have had no complaints or problems (prolly 10 years now)

/ Dish or Direct TV #8  
I guess I have been very fortunate. I had Direct for 8 years and Dish for nearly 6 now. The only problems I have had is weather and that effects both. I have never had an equipment problem, customer service was about the same for me.

I did upgrade to the VIP 722k DVR box (Dish), so far works great running 2 Separate HD TVs. I have run a 50' HDMI cable to a 3rd set in the kitchen, same channel as the main TV but signal is super, I had to put a splitter with built in amplifier inline though.

/ Dish or Direct TV #9  
problems with both, with install and usage.

it has been a few years since i had either one.

frankly got tired of both and went for netflix and high speed internet.

it was the same old re-runs regardless of who you went with even cable. atleast with netflix and 8 movies out at a time. i could watch what i wanted. vs some random re-run.

if i want to watch a new movie that badly vs waiting 2 more months for netflix to get it. then i will go rent it.

if you have a local blockbuster. it might be worth while for a blockbuster online rent and do the local blockbuster coupon thing at same time for new movies.

/ Dish or Direct TV #10  
Been with Dish 12 years, and about to fire them. No movie channels, top 250package in which 5 are worth watching. Price has more then doubled in them 12 years.