Buying New Furniture For The House ....... Do You Negotiate On The Price ?

/ Buying New Furniture For The House ....... Do You Negotiate On The Price ? #11  
If you have an IKEA store near you it would be worth checking their sofa's and prices. You have to assemble their stuff to some extent depending on the product which can save some money.

Shopping for furniture is worse than for a car. :eek: We bought our dining room table on Craigs List. :thumbsup::D

We are a couple hours from the nearest IKEA store but it looks like we will be buying bedroom furniture from them soon depending on other events. We have only been to the store once but what we saw we liked. We will have to make another trip and if the furniture is as good as it seems we will be buying a bunch of bed room furniture.

Bed, big wardrobe, two dressers, and two end tables for less than $2,000.

Later,
Dan

/ Buying New Furniture For The House ....... Do You Negotiate On The Price ? #12  
Last year I spent about a week looking at leather sofa's in my area. Prices where all over the place, and so was quality. I didn't feel that the most expensive was the best by a long shot, but the cheaper stuff was just pure junk.

On the higher priced stuff, they were very willing to negotiate a price, but after sitting on them and laying down on them, I never found one at the higher end that I enjoyed sitting on.

In the end, I found what I liked at Haverty's and felt that their sales price was very reasonable. They offered a few things like delivery and financing, but in the end, I just paid cash for it and picked it up myself.

One thing that suprised me was all the variables out there in just brown nailhead leather sofa's. I'm glad that I took so much time to look around and sat in so many sofa's. There is a HUGE difference from one place to another, and very few that I actually liked.

Good luck,
Eddie

/ Buying New Furniture For The House ....... Do You Negotiate On The Price ? #13  
I bought last year. Wow was there a lot to learn about leather furniture. First thing I learned was that the only company names I'd heard of were the lowest quality one. Yes, you certainly can negotiate the price. We paid at a local store just a little less than what we found online.

/ Buying New Furniture For The House ....... Do You Negotiate On The Price ? #14  
Absolutely!! Dicker like you're spending your last dollar. Maybe even strike a deal and allow the salesperson to start writing up a ticket giving your name and number and then have a "change of heart". Tell them you've changed your mind and leave. They'll have your name and number to call you back and then you could make a ridiculously low offer. You might get a counter offer.

/ Buying New Furniture For The House ....... Do You Negotiate On The Price ? #15  
My father would dicker on everything... often Mom would get embarrassed.

Dad's reply is that no one walked onto his car lot and offered full price...

Cash is King and it never hurts to ask were other sayings he had.

My brothers and I did him proud...

We were arranging his funeral and the Funeral Director came out with a price sheet and totaled everything... I then deducted 40% and he was a little taken back and Mom was in shock... my brothers looked at me and we said to Mom... this is how Dad would have done it and she said... yes... it is EXACTLY how your Father would do it and I guess he taught his sons well...

/ Buying New Furniture For The House ....... Do You Negotiate On The Price ? #16  
I haggled on most of the furniture and all of my kitchen appliances and got lower prices.

Even one piece of furniture can be expensive and most of the time there is a sale price hiding somewhere.

When I ask, the first thing out of the sellers mouth is No, but then somewhere they come up with an Old Sale Price, then you hit them with what you want to pay; from there you meet somewhere.
Haggling used to be part of the selling/buying process, Go For It; nothing ventured nothing gained.