Septic Tank Lid

/ Septic Tank Lid #1  

duckhunter27

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT 335
Hello can anyone help me I dug down to find the lid on my septic tank. I have a poly tank from the way it looks has about a 24 in black plastic lid it has a arrow and say's open but i can not figure out how to get it off i tried prying short off breaking something i turned it all the way around does not screw off. Anyone know what i need to do? Thank You Vince

/ Septic Tank Lid #2  
Hello can anyone help me I dug down to find the lid on my septic tank. I have a poly tank from the way it looks has about a 24 in black plastic lid it has a arrow and say's open but i can not figure out how to get it off i tried prying short off breaking something i turned it all the way around does not screw off. Anyone know what i need to do? Thank You Vince

May be a "mark" on the tank by the lid that you line up with the arrow, but I'm guessing

/ Septic Tank Lid #3  
Pictures?

/ Septic Tank Lid
Dennis i thought the same thing felt all around top no other mark to line up with. also i will take and post pic's tomorrow.

/ Septic Tank Lid
I took a cpl pic's hope this show something.

Attachments

• Droid X 004.jpg
    Droid X 004.jpg
    641.8 KB · Views: 1,188
  • Droid X 005.jpg
    Droid X 005.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 1,160
   / Septic Tank Lid #6  
Looks like it turns, thats why an arrow is on it

/ Septic Tank Lid #7  
Seems like the lid needs to be turned to line up the arrow with another mark on the tank.

Did you try turning the lid left or right?

Later,
Dan

/ Septic Tank Lid #8  
Interesting, here the lid has to be above ground. Mine has a concrete lid at ground level that just lifts off exposing the inner lid on top of the tank that also just lifts off. Whatever you do, don't fall in.

/ Septic Tank Lid
I am not sure how it comes off yet. The arrow points out from lid I did try turning it dosn't screw off I also tried lining it up at 12, 3,6,and 9 o-clock but didnt help I will try digging it out alittle more tonight and see if i can see something. I am sure i can just pry it off but didnt want to break something i pryed perty hard with my shove and it didnt come.

/ Septic Tank Lid #10  
I think I would only pry as a last result.

That lid just looks like it needs to turn before being removed. If it is hard to move how about using a rubber mallet or dead blow hammer to see if you can get the lid to move left or right.

If the label gives the maker's name maybe you can find them on the Internet and see how the lid is to be removed.

The lid will be easy to remove. As soon as you know how. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Later,
Dan