Caught a thief!!

/ Caught a thief!! #1  

Western

Tractor
Kioti DK 35 now
Out walking the property today I notice boot prints in dirt that I had worked yesterday. Followed them and they where all over the back of my place. I looked over the fence and saw several 8' T-post of mine on the other side.

I circled around and began to take up an observatory position and spotted someone beginning to cross onto my property. I was livid, kid admitted to stealing the post and several other things. still missing about 30 post.

Sheriffs dept. is working it now, just really PO's me that someone is this stupid.

/ Caught a thief!! #2  
There is nothing worse than a theif. I'm glad the law is involved. Theives don't learn unless it costs them something.

/ Caught a thief!! #3  
Normally I put my stuff away when I'm working but a couple of summers ago I left a chainsaw out in the pasture over night. Was late when I got done and I was tired and forgot about it.

Thing was, it belonged to a friend and neighbor, and it was a special gift to him from his sweetie pie. Next day it was gone. I couldn't remember if he had taken it with him, did I put it away? Looked at his place, my place, couldn't find it.

So I bought him another one just like the first one.

Ok, so I go over to a DIFFERENT neighbor, whose pasture abuts mine. They're not home, but they have an open shop (no doors) and I see some Stihl chainsaws. Take a closer look, boy, that's the same model I just lost. Take an even closer look, boy it's the same serial number of the one that just disappeared.

Took it home, never said a word to the neighbor, gave it back to my friend in swap for the one I just bought him (now we each have one). Other neighbor never said a darn word. BTW there's a fence between the two pastures--someone had to climb over it or go around to get that saw. Gotta wonder...

/ Caught a thief!! #4  
Nice to hear about a thief being caught!!!!! Hope they through the book at him and make an example out of him. Good job.

Eddie

/ Caught a thief!! #5  
Judge ought to sentence him to putting in those 30 posts by hand.

/ Caught a thief!! #6  
some people think that anything left laying around is free for the taking.

/ Caught a thief!! #7  
Funny this thread should come up. Just went out to the farm-someone broke into our tack room and stole all of our horse tack. Saddles, bridles, girths, saddle pads, and sheets. They even stole the lock that was on the tack room door. Then tried to break into the living quarters on our horse trailer. (That excited the deputy-the attempt to get into the living quarters constitutes breaking into a residence, which elevates the crime)

I hate thieves. Sheriff's department recommend game cameras. Definitely investing in a few of these.

/ Caught a thief!! #8  
I use a game camera with infared capability.
It is pointed at the entry door of my out bldg and hidden as well as possible.
It is also installed in a "Bear Proof" case and fastened to a stout tree with an "Anaconda" cable lock.
If they bad guys see the camera, they need a good chain saw to get the camera..
So far I have pics of lots of Deer, racoon, rabbits, squirrel, One coyote and my neighbors German shephard dog.... no bad guys...
Too bad we have to live this way nowerdays.
Good Luck..

/ Caught a thief!! #9  
I use a game camera with infared capability.
It is pointed at the entry door of my out bldg and hidden as well as possible.
It is also installed in a "Bear Proof" case and fastened to a stout tree with an "Anaconda" cable lock.
If they bad guys see the camera, they need a good chain saw to get the camera..
So far I have pics of lots of Deer, racoon, rabbits, squirrel, One coyote and my neighbors German shephard dog.... no bad guys...
Too bad we have to live this way nowerdays.
Good Luck..

If you don't mind me asking-what type of camera do you have, and where did you get it? I need to start researching.

/ Caught a thief!! #10  
I hear that bad guys make good feed for wild pigs.