Good well flow rate?

/ Good well flow rate? #31  
Our well was measured at 0.5 GPM, we drilled to 1,000 feet. We have been in the house for 6 years now, wash the cars, water the lawn occasionally, wash the mud off of my Kubota, 2 kids, a wife with 45 minute showers, I wash my boat when I get home from the ocean, etc. etc., never had a trace of a problem, last year was wicked dry, wells going dry all over, thankfully no issue for us
Do you have a large surface holding tank or just a standard bladder or compressed air tank?

/ Good well flow rate? #32  
Depending on the head calculations and the required pressure, my Myers QP pump is rated up to 2445 and the same pump style in three horsepower can exceed 5500 gallons per hour. I have had extremely good service and lonegivity from these pumps. I just replaced a motor on a 3/4 hp pump with a 1/2 hp (because I had it!), and pump that same pump back into service. Pump motor wasn't bad, just didn't want to start, which ended up being a voltage drop problem that I cured with better electrical wiring. I will probably take some time and change the motor back to a larger one in the near future, just to keep it from burning it up due to constantly being overworked by the impeller, but for now it is keeping the wife happy moving water onto her garden. The one drawback for some uses of this pump is they are typically low pressure (meaning less than 50 psi) and are affected by head pressures, but for wells having low head numbers or an artistian well, they are hard to beat! They are reasonably priced and if you can work on a wheelbarrow you can fix most of the problems that I have EVER had with one of them. I acquired three of these pumps USED back in 1985 and just changed to the second one because I was in too big of a hurry and broke a part while changing out the motor on the first one, that ended up not being bad anyway.
Myers lists all of their pump spec's for this pump online, so a search for Quick Prime should bring it up.
Depth of well doesn't affect the head calculations, just how far down the casing the pump has to pull it up. (take the cap off the well and drop a string with a weight on it into the well and when you hear the weight hit the water, measure the distance). Mine is about 10 feet on a ninety foot well. Previous well was 400 foot artesan so the pump didn't have to work at all to move water.
David from jax

/ Good well flow rate? #34  
That makes my 60 GPM a mere trickle.:eek:

Am I correct in thinking that you are located in Cabarrus County? My farm is located in Iredell county.

Steve

I am in Rowan Co. ... Mt Ulla ...Only stores are a feed store and the PO