Morels

/ Morels #21  
For anybody interested and who finds more morels than they can eat at one time, here is how to save them. Clean the morels in whatever way you choose. Dry off as much moisture as you can, I simply lay them on some paper towels, then place some flour in a ziplock bag. Put some morels in the bag and get them well covered with flour. place the morels on a cookie sheet, lay them out individually, DO NOT stack them on each other, place in freezer until totally frozen. Remove from freezer and place in ziplock bags getting as much air out of the bag as possible. Place in freezer and when you want to use them, brown them in butter, they will be just like fresh picked. This really works. Now if I can just find more than I can eat at one time.

You've got the same problem I do, they never have a chance to spoil around our place:laughing:

/ Morels #22  
They have been finding blacks around here for about a week. Now the greys are beginning. My brother had me over for breakfast last Sunday morning for morel omlets (blacks). He's a good brother!

dreamer.

/ Morels #23  
I found a dozen blacks Tuesday morning and fried them up for breakfast this morning before I came home from the lake.The weather did not cooperate so there weren't any fresh crappie to go with them but they are really a stand alone meal anyway

/ Morels #24  
I found a dozen blacks Tuesday morning and fried them up for breakfast this morning before I came home from the lake.The weather did not cooperate so there weren't any fresh crappie to go with them but they are really a stand alone meal anyway

Can you give a hint as to the part of Ohio you're in. I've only had one short look around these parts, but haven't found any yet.

/ Morels #25  
Morels won't start showing up here for about a month, we still have several feet of snow. But I'm looking forward to them.

/ Morels #26  
Polo I live in the eastern end of Coshocton County about 12 miles west of I77 at Newcomerstown, I found the rooms about 20 miles south in Guernesy County on my way to Seneca lake. I grew up in Guernsey County and still have a few spots that not too many people know about. There is some wild **** country out in that area

/ Morels #27  
Polo I live in the eastern end of Coshocton County about 12 miles west of I77 at Newcomerstown, I found the rooms about 20 miles south in Guernesy County on my way to Seneca lake. I grew up in Guernsey County and still have a few spots that not too many people know about. There is some wild **** country out in that area

I am at the northern border of Carroll county, so you are a few counties south of me. I was out in the woods yesterday afternoon and the Mayapples were just breaking the surface. Been pretty cold here compared to last year, and we started finding them on April 18th then. I'll just have to keep my eyes open. Thanks for the info.

/ Morels #28  
Hey, let's bring this thread back from the dead. Look what we are beginning to find;

morel1.jpgmorel2.jpg

/ Morels #30  
I found two little ones weekend before last, but nothing since. :(