Morels

/ Morels #41  
I like to hunt them,but how do you cook them so they don't taste like DIRT?? They all taste like DIRT. Tell me what you think they taste like. Garlic and butter flavored DIRT ??

/ Morels #42  
I like to hunt them,but how do you cook them so they don't taste like DIRT?? They all taste like DIRT. Tell me what you think they taste like. Garlic and butter flavored DIRT ??

We soak them in lightly salted water overnight in the fridge. They've never tasted like dirt to me.

Kevin

/ Morels #43  
I excitedly went out for about an hour this morning. Nothing...

So I cut some wood for a couple hours, before work.

/ Morels #44  
I excitedly went out for about an hour this morning. Nothing...

So I cut some wood for a couple hours, before work.

At least you got some exercise! Look at it this way...when you do find some, you will have already worked off the calories from eating them! :)

/ Morels

I don't soak them. I just wash, dip in egg, and fry in butter. They don't taste like dirt. Nightcrawlers taste like dirt. My brother told me that while he was eating them.

/ Morels #47  
Took a Quick Jaunt into the woods, didnt take a bag or knife so only took pics Found 3 yellows on the medium size but left them till in AM.

Mark

/ Morels #48  
Barry,

You know any real estate agents around you? If you've got dirt that tastes like morels, I might be interested in a couple hundred acres. :licking:

/ Morels #49  
Now that I have seen the pics I can pick some next time I see them. Pretty sure they are in the woods around here.

/ Morels #50  
Now that I have seen the pics I can pick some next time I see them. Pretty sure they are in the woods around here.

be extremely careful! there is another that looks almost identical that is DEADLY! so if you don't KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt, then DON'T!