Hoping for a day off from Retirement

/ Hoping for a day off from Retirement #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
I retired March 5th. Some of you probably read my posts of the month leading up to the last day. Now I have to tell you that retirement is great. But....I am exhausted, hoping for a day of from 'retirement' this afternoon. If I don't get a day off I may have to call work and see if they will let me come back to rest.

/ Hoping for a day off from Retirement #2  
Ha ha ha. Looks good on ya! They always say be careful what you wish for!

Glad you are keeping busy, it's better than being bored.

/ Hoping for a day off from Retirement #3  
A friend asked what I was going to do today...I said "Nothing".

He said "That's what you said you did all yesterday".

I told him "Yeah, that's right but I didn't finish".:D

/ Hoping for a day off from Retirement #4  
Be of good cheer. The work load will keep increasing!:thumbsup:

/ Hoping for a day off from Retirement #5  
I received some good advice from a friend who preceded me in retirement.

"Don't worry about finishing it (a project) today, you will have have something to do tomorrow.":)

Steve

Last edited:
   / Hoping for a day off from Retirement #6  
I thought "retired" meant "re-tired"!!

/ Hoping for a day off from Retirement #7  
I received some good advice from a friend who preceded me in retirement.

"Don't worry about finishing it (a project) today, you will have have something to do tomorrow.":)

Steve

I re-tired (couldn't get this tired in one shot) over 5 years ago. Right now, I figure I've got (at least) 2 years of unfinished projects yet to do! :D

Lots better than "working" for a living! :laughing::laughing: ~~ grnspot

/ Hoping for a day off from Retirement #8  
I re-tired (couldn't get this tired in one shot) over 5 years ago. Right now, I figure I've got (at least) 2 years of unfinished projects yet to do! :D

Lots better than "working" for a living! :laughing::laughing: ~~ grnspot

I will be re-tired for 4 years as of next month. After spending the first 2 years in construction projects at my farm, I have spent the last two years attacking the privet that infests the farm. If I maintain my current productivity, I will be finished when I am 104. I don't know what I will do then.:)

Steve

/ Hoping for a day off from Retirement #9  
I retired March 5th. Some of you probably read my posts of the month leading up to the last day. Now I have to tell you that retirement is great. But....I am exhausted, hoping for a day of from 'retirement' this afternoon. If I don't get a day off I may have to call work and see if they will let me come back to rest.

Someone I know retired a couple of years ago and (to keep the story short) was almost immediately transformed into his wife's personal slave.

Lacking sufficient backbone to say "NO!!" at least once in a while, he has gone back to work to escape.

/ Hoping for a day off from Retirement #10  
I am doing well on my new job as a mattress tester.