Pending Environmental Disaster!

/ Pending Environmental Disaster! #11  
The returns on Canadian mineral extraction have been outstanding. With billions of new consumers coming online around the world and demand for commodities going through the roof, it will continue to create jobs, generate tax revenue and help me to retire someday.

And who wants to make a bet that expansion of Keystone isn't done with taxpayer subsidies?

/ Pending Environmental Disaster!
Why would the vote from a hillbilly in Kentuck be considered in this poll?

It is a pure numbers game, besides they can't trace down every email addy.
Heck young Kennedy led a protest movement against damming a remote river for a hydro project that would have supplied electric power to Maine and Vermont.
His claim was that he might have wanted to white water raft on that river some day and that waterways were public domain.
Project was halted.

https://www.assnat.qc.ca/fr/exprimez-votre-opinion/petition/Petition-1613/index.html

/ Pending Environmental Disaster! #13  
The queen owns the land says it all. Funds should be set aside now, a pay as you go fund to restore the land, because when the mine is closed or goes bankrupte some how there will not be any money. Get the money up front.

The queen owns the land says it all. Funds should be set aside now, a pay as you go fund to restore the land, because when the mine is closed or goes bankrupte some how there will not be any money. Get the money up front.

Easier said than done.
Company A holds the lease, rents to B a nd B subcontracts to C.
C goes broke, B says they did not cause problems and A has long sold to China or whatever and new owners never signed environmental contract.
Lawyers all buy new BMW's and the hole in the ground now becomes a landfill site.
Every home within 10 miles is worth zip plus the water table is contaminated or dry,

/ Pending Environmental Disaster! #15  
No problem, you need a better lawyer. Every outfit that buys into the project posts a bond. No bondie, no workie. Anyone defaults the others pickup the slack.

/ Pending Environmental Disaster! #16  
I have signed it ,hope it helps.

/ Pending Environmental Disaster! #17  
Have any Canadians here been able to buy the mineral rights to their land, from the crown? Can it be done these days?

Have any Canadians here been able to buy the mineral rights to their land, from the crown? Can it be done these days?

As I understand it, you buy the surface usage and lease the mining rights.

This pending mining fiasco is sure getting a lot of press in the area.
Yesterday one 'anti' was actually chasing a claims (buyer, I guess) up and down the road trying to head him off from signing folks up.

On Friday we met with our mayor and he is totally against any and all mine ventures.
Our local provincial minister is with us as well.

To those that have added their vote. THANKS

For those that haven't PLEASE!

https://www.assnat.qc.ca/fr/exprimez-votre-opinion/petition/Petition-1613/index.html

(I know it is in french, just fill in the blanks and U will get a confirming Email that will confirm when you click on it)

/ Pending Environmental Disaster! #20  
MicroPilot said:
Why would the vote from a hillbilly in Kentuck be considered in this poll?

The form has a space for you to say what country you live in, so they're apparently expecting us foreigners.