How much does a round bale weigh?

/ How much does a round bale weigh? #21  
Both the John Deer, Case and New Holland Round bailers will produce a round bail weighing from 400lbs to 1200lbs. 1200lbs being the standard witch is what I make with my New Holland BR7060 round bailer. If I were have the silage upgrade witch is fermented, high-moisture fodder that can be fed to ruminants. That would be 1800lbs. But your not going to find anybody really messing with that. So 1200lbs is the answer your looking for for the normal round bail of hay.

/ How much does a round bale weigh? #22  
I just unloaded one from the back of my truck. I was wondering if the weight could be too much for my FEL?

The round bale is about 6 feet in diameter and 6 feet wide.

Any guesses?

Depends.....

A 6 by 6 should be roughly of 1800 to 2000 lbs of dry hay with a good baler and operator. Some one with out those options would make it about 1500 lbs.

I want to know what round bailer rounds a bale 6 feet wide? Never seen one. I have a 4-4, aq 4-5 and a 4-6 but nothing 6 feet wide....:confused2:

I always hated those round bales........always had a hard time getting my fingers under the strings and when I picked them up the strings would just about always break.....I always had a hard time getting them up on the back of a pickup....I would rather pick up a square bale any day.../w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

You must be Hurcules. I've never seen anyone pick up a round bale by hand, alone. Minumum weight is around 600 pounds for a 4-4 in very dry forage. WE net wrap everything. Twine is for the square bailer....

/ How much does a round bale weigh? #25  
We set our baler at 1200# and they are 4x5 in size. My NH TN75 can handle at least 1700lbs but our Kubota M7040 has issues with the 1200# bales. The Kubota has plenty of power buts it's just very unstable. Not funny when the tires start coming off the ground. We need to fill the rear tires like the TN75.

/ How much does a round bale weigh? #26  
ok guys here are the bale sizes an approx weights.a 4 by 4 500 to 700, 4 by 5 700 to 900 4 by 6 1000 to 1200 5 by 5 1200 to 1500 5 by 6 1500 to 2200 lbs.all the bale weights vary due to the type of hay drying thickness of hay an windrows.my MX5100 HST 4x4 with fel lifts 5 by 6s all day long no sweat.i forgot the bales weights are controled by how tight your bale tension.if its set real loose then it bales crappy bales that dont weigh nothing..i like bales so tight you cant push your fingers in them.