Automotive coolant

/ Automotive coolant #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
I was at the local Meijers this morning, picking up groceries and I stopped in the automotive section for some 1/4 inch hose clamps. It always makes me laugh when I see the shelves full of Prestone, etc., antifreeze/coolant that costs the same price (about $11-12 per gallon) for both full strength and the 50/50 pre-diluted type. Obviously, there are some people willing to pay $5 or $6 for a half gallon of water, or the pre-diluted type wouldn't be on the shelves. Whoever came up with that concept was pretty smart, unlike the customers who buy the stuff. :laughing:

/ Automotive coolant #2  
Same thing with the ready-to-use Round Up in the garden centers. It's even worse than ready to use antifreeze! I'm sure there are very few if any buyers who ever check out the concentration of glyphosate in the various bottles.

/ Automotive coolant
Same thing with the ready-to-use Round Up in the garden centers. It's even worse than ready to use antifreeze! I'm sure there are very few if any buyers who ever check out the concentration of glyphosate in the various bottles.

GOOD POINT, I should have thought of that. The best source I have found to buy the highest percentage of glyphosate per ounce of weedkiller is at Tractor Supply Company.
You can buy a BIG container of high concentrate glyphosate for a lot less money there than you would pay for lower concentrates elsewhere.

GREAT POST, thanks. :thumbsup:

/ Automotive coolant #4  
Most of the cost is in the distribution and mark up, cost of manufacturing is almost insignificant. Look at the cost of a bottle of water and an equivalent bottle of soda.

/ Automotive coolant #5  
Obviously, there are some people willing to pay $5 or $6 for a half gallon of water, or the pre-diluted type wouldn't be on the shelves. Whoever came up with that concept was pretty smart, unlike the customers who buy the stuff. :laughing:

There are some people who can't do mixing ratios, even when they are as simple as 1:1. :confused:

Last time I checked here, the premix was 25% less than the cost of the full strength.

If your doing a roadside repair, or have people working for you, sometimes the premix is worth the extra cost.

If you want to see a real scam, check out "foaming" hand soap. An 8oz bottle has about 1oz. of actual soap, the rest is water. Same price as an 8 oz. bottle of soap right next to it. Anyone who uses this product, for God's sake make your own refills. If you have kids, you could save enough money to pay for a year of college.

/ Automotive coolant #6  
GOOD POINT, I should have thought of that. The best source I have found to buy the highest percentage of glyphosate per ounce of weedkiller is at Tractor Supply Company.
You can buy a BIG container of high concentrate glyphosate for a lot less money there than you would pay for lower concentrates elsewhere.

GREAT POST, thanks. :thumbsup:

Cheapest i have found is Agri-supply. Instore there brand of Wise-up , i beleive, its $34.95 for 2.5 gallons of 41% glyphosate.

/ Automotive coolant
There are some people who can't do mixing ratios, even when they are as simple as 1:1. :confused:

Last time I checked here, the premix was 25% less than the cost of the full strength.

If your doing a roadside repair, or have people working for you, sometimes the premix is worth the extra cost.

If you want to see a real scam, check out "foaming" hand soap. An 8oz bottle has about 1oz. of actual soap, the rest is water. Same price as an 8 oz. bottle of soap right next to it. Anyone who uses this product, for God's sake make your own refills. If you have kids, you could save enough money to pay for a year of college.

I'd settle for just having kids with the common sense to wash their hands in the first place. :laughing: