Flood

/ Flood #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
They have raised the river crest forecasts for Paducah and Smithland Kentucky by four feet. Both are on the Ohio River. Smithland is depending on a sandbag levee which will be crested by at least two feet sometime tonight.

My sister is the PVA there and they are moving things, again, to higher locations in her offices.

Got a frantic call from the oldest son-in-law needing help to move equipment at his shop. He works for a very large international equipment leasing company. He thought his shop was safe but now they tell him it will have four feet of water by tomorrow morning. I told him to call his boss and let them tell him what to do, he just called back and said they were sending people from two other shops to help him.

This looks to be worse than the 97 floods and will have a huge impact on my area.

Sister just called while I was typing this message. She was at her office in Smithland when the sirens went off and the loudspeakers saying "Get out, get out, get out, levee breached", over and over. She and her staff dropped what they were doing and ran out to their cars and left. Now every way she tries to get out of the county is blocked by water. Told her to forget everything and come here by any route possible. Would go get her but I don't know any of the roads in that area.

/ Flood #2  
Hope everyone is OK...

/ Flood #3  
We live in Southeast Missouri between Bloomfield and Puxico. Lots of evacuations because of 2 threats: Wappappello Lake emergency levy is broken (15 min. west of us) and they're gonna blow the levy at Bird's point on Mississippi River near East Prarie (About 50 miles east of us). Our place should be ok because of elevation but we took the family about 20 miles from home to the in-laws just in case and i guess we're gonna watch history from here.

/ Flood #4  
It would be nice if Mother Nature would take the ***** approach & "spread it around": It's dry almost as a bone here in FL. We would love to take some of that water off your hands, if only there was a reasonable way.

/ Flood
Sister is at home now and has a way out on high ground. Says friends homes have water in them in places she has never seen water before.

Glad I live on high ground !!

/ Flood #7  
Good luck to all in flood zones. I really can't picture it. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if all the levees where removed and just start over? It's pretty obvious the plan they are following now isn't working. One fellow interviewed said the more and higher levees they build, the faster the water comes, which makes sense.
Dave.

/ Flood #8  
read they were supposed to blow the flood gates i Ill tonight at 9 ~ 10pm when they got ready from different news site nothing on evening news though.

Mark

/ Flood #9  
Its raining here now and has since Sunday.. All local rivers are over flood stage.. Our gun club is 5 feet flooded as is all of north Shelby county in Memphis.. We are dry right now but watching closely.. My wife's family cabin on the cache river in Ar is flooded.. It wasnt much but had a lot of memories for her and her family. Not much we can do but wait and see how high the water will get to flooding streams close to us. All the Tn Gov.. maps show us ok, but still worry about electric and water and sewer if everything floods around here. They are saying the might MS river will not crest for another week (Tuesday May 10th) it is projected to be a record at over 48 ft.. last time it was 48ft was 1937!! wow...

AndyG

/ Flood #10  
RSKY that sounds very serious. From the heavy rain that is marching up the Ohio Valley all night long I would have guessed the crest at Smithland/Paducah to be a few days away. It has rained hard all day today and every creek is full but here the water enters the Ohio River at Wickcliff KY or MS River at Obion TN.

Saturday the KY Dam had over 50% of the gates open and I expect more now. Do you know if Patti's in Grand Rivers is accessible from KY Dam? If we run up to look at the dam the kids will want to go to Patti's to eat.