I signed the contract....

/ I signed the contract.... #1  

StanR

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040
Dreams can and do come true.

I have the best sweeheart in the world. We get along wonderfully. She loves the country, can drive a tractor, and loves to bow hunt. The best part is we are madly in love. We have been together a little over 3 years.

My best friend owns a 155 acres west of Houston. I had unlimited run of the place. I bought a MX5100 to help out. (good excuse)

Once dirt gets in your blood it is had to shake the desire.

We just finalized a contract on a really nice 37.5 acre track a bit north of Bryan TX. It is at the dead end of a good county road.

Got it for a awesome price... It has been neglected so that is part of it.

The neighbor drove by stopped and wished me luck .. He said years ago it was a show place.

So we are pretty happy campers right now :thumbsup:

Looking over the land from gate. There is a dry creek running thru the middle.

The mounts are saw dust.. There is a story there.. But harmless and good bulk material.

028.jpg

Looking west from the front gate to neighbors property.

027.jpg

/ I signed the contract.... #2  
Congratulations and good luck!:thumbsup:

/ I signed the contract.... #3  
Congrats to you and that special one. Sounds like the only problem will be when she arrows the bigger buck.

/ I signed the contract.... #4  
One of the best area's of Texas. Far enough out that you don;t have the typical city issues.

/ I signed the contract.... #5  
Way to go! Congratulations.

/ I signed the contract.... #6  
Congratulations. Isn't life great when it all comes together? I see she also walks the dog. Hold on to her. She's too precious to let go.

/ I signed the contract.... #7  
Congrats!!!!!!! Let the fun begin.

Like granny said, "If she's a keeper you'd better treat her right!!!"

Charlie

/ I signed the contract.... #8  
Looks pretty dry. . . but what isn't in that area right now? Is the property fenced? What about a well? I believe a well is the most important thing to have. After the well is drilled, everything else just falls into place.

Congratulations! It looks like hours/days/months/years of fun ahead.:thumbsup:

/ I signed the contract.... #9  
Welcome, I have a buddy who lives in Benchley(sp?) just north of Bryan. I drive to College Station for work everyday. You have ultimate plans for the land? Gonna move there eventually? If we could ever get some rain, it might green up.

Have another buddy that is looking to buy some river bottom land (up to 200 acres) if the price is right. He's looking to buy in the Bryan area up to 50 mile radius.

/ I signed the contract....
Looks pretty dry. . . but what isn't in that area right now? Is the property fenced? What about a well? I believe a well is the most important thing to have. After the well is drilled, everything else just falls into place.

Congratulations! It looks like hours/days/months/years of fun ahead.:thumbsup:

The property is 100% fenced. No cross fencing.

There is a well that is about 400 ft deep The neighbor says good watet and being tested next week.

There is 200 amp service.

I need to get a septic tank installed.

There will be some dozer work. Not much has been done for a long time and there are some erosion issues that need to be address.

The neighbor told me the county helped him dig a tank at very little cost to him.. So I need to check that out..

I think we are gong to get a conex container to store tractor etc, until I decide what I am going to do for a barn/workshop. I love to weld things.. So need a good workshop.

Housing might be a travel trailer for now.

With normal traffic it is a 2 hour drive.

Gotta get the financing arranged next week

Can't wait