Her First Hog

/ Her First Hog #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
Friend of mine came over last night for dinner and wanted to check the game camera to see what had been out there. We noticed that they were feeding at 9am and thought it would be fun to go see them in the morning and for her to try and shoot her first hog.

It worked out perfectly and we were all set up next to a nice oak tree 120 yards from the feeder with the wind in our face. Three nice sized sows and five piglets showed up right on time.

This was her first time to ever shoot a rifle of any kind. I had been explaining to her how to shoot, but it was all verbal and a little holding it to get a sight picture while waiting for the hogs to get there. I also lied to her and told her that the .30-06 doesn't have very much kick and is a fairly light rifle. That it was perfect for beginners and it wouldn't hurt her when she shot it. She's 5ft 4in tall and weighs 115 pounds.

The rifle was too heavy for her to hold on her own, so I made a rest with my arm on the tree and she leaned in on it to get steady. She took her time, waited for the biggest one to be clear and broadside. We talked about holding her breath and trigger control. I was watching and she proved to have paid attention.

One shot and it was dead instantly!!!! Her very first time to shoot a rifle and she kills a hundred pound hog.

Eddie

Attachments

• 927102365.jpg
    927102365.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 863
  • 927102373.jpg
    927102373.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,303
   / Her First Hog #2  
Sounds like a fun date to me. I think women like shooting as much or more than men, based on my own informal observation.

Now, see if she likes tractors....

/ Her First Hog #5  
Didn't see a long knife so maybe she will get the " how to stick a pig " lesson the next time. :D

/ Her First Hog #6  
I also lied to her and told her that the .30-06 doesn't have very much kick and is a fairly light rifle. That it was perfect for beginners and it wouldn't hurt her when she shot it. She's 5ft 4in tall and weighs 115 pounds.

Is she wearing sleeves to cover up her bruise?;)

I see there is a spotted on in the litter. I'm sure Oscar needs a younger sibling to pick on.

/ Her First Hog #7  
Good Deal!
I bet you are both proud. On closer inspection.............Why don't my hunting buddies look like that?:D The pigs haven't been heavy in our area this year as they have in the last ten. I'm sure they will make their way back to my place soon. She did a great job on that pig. Time to fire the smoker up now:thumbsup:

/ Her First Hog #8  
"Dinner" and then "9 am" ... Sleepovers are fun! :)

Just kiddin' - I think this is at least date #2, must be something goin' on :thumbsup:

/ Her First Hog #9  
Nice job ! How did she like that kick ?? Now if CCI would release the DU ( depleted uranium ) round for the .22 rimfire she would be all set !